Seeking full keyboard SSH client

DroidToro

Reaction score
I am using connectbot on my Dpro. It seems like a pretty full featured ssh client and local terminal app. However, it does not include a soft keyboard so I am missing a lot of keys like tab, pipe, function keys and some control characters,

Googling revealed that some people use an app called "full keyboard" that fills in the needed functionality. It's an alternative soft keyboard but I can't get it to work on the dpro. It just never appears, even in landscape mode.

Has anyone found a solution?

google123

Reaction score
I haven't been able to use any soft keyboards other than the default multi-touch that comes on the phone. I have tried like 5 different ones and none will work.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

[email protected]

Reaction score
Soft keyboard - none working on Droid Pro

I, too have had no success with any of the multitude of soft keyboard options out there. They all install, and I have the options to turn them on and select them as input method, but the soft keyboards just never show up.

The one I just tried was Utlra and it may have given me a clue - it said that it couldn't bring up the soft keyboard while the physical keyboard was active. Since the Pro doesn't have a way of disabling the physical keyboard, perhaps all the soft keyboards are misinterpreting this and assuming they shouldn't show the soft keyboard. Don't know if there's any solution to that...

...Alex

norifuku

Reaction score
I am using connectbot on my Dpro. It seems like a pretty full featured ssh client and local terminal app. However, it does not include a soft keyboard so I am missing a lot of keys like tab, pipe, function keys and some control characters,

Googling revealed that some people use an app called "full keyboard" that fills in the needed functionality. It's an alternative soft keyboard but I can't get it to work on the dpro. It just never appears, even in landscape mode.

Has anyone found a solution?

How about remapping hardware keys?
With rewriting /system/usr/keychars/cdma_venus2-keypad.kcm.bin , You can map any keycode on any hardware key you want. For example, I map ALT+Shift+1 to ESC, ALT+Shift+a to TAB, and ALT+Shift+l to | (pipe). They works perfectly on connectbot.

See this thread:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-pro-discussions/113820-mapping-dpad-cursor-key.html

ESC is 0x001B
TAB is 0x0009
| is 0x007C