Seekdroid + CM7

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm sure many of you use Seekdroid and definitely enjoy the peace of mind with this app like I do. However, got bored, started messing around with it and found something not quite right.

I installed CM7 roughly 2 weeks ago? I was running Seekdroid with the stock ROM and it was working fine, but now the device doesn't lock when I tell it to from the website. I didn't try the alarm as it's quite late here and don't want to wake up anyone in the house. Location and Call Info seem to work fine though, just locking the device is a problem. So anyone else running CM7 run into this problem?

Everything I ran stock I run on CM7. I mean I still run WidgetLocker, but that didn't affect it on the stock ROM.

Last edited:
OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Bump

(if no one answers I'll just live with it:frown:)

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just tried and it worked fine. Running CM7.1-GB on my DROIDX. Maybe try a data wipe and install SeekDroid from the market, don't restore from Titanium Backup.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just tried and it worked fine. Running CM7.1-GB on my DROIDX. Maybe try a data wipe and install SeekDroid from the market, don't restore from Titanium Backup.

Figured that might be my only solution....

Debating on doing that, but got alot on the phone I don't want to revert stuff back manually either. Though I have to say that lock screen if I do lose my phone is arguably the best feature of seekdroid....

Thanks Xer, I'll have to think about this....

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then try settings/apps/manage apps/seekdroid/force stop/clear data and then set it up again

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Then try settings/apps/manage apps/seekdroid/force stop/clear data and then set it up again

First thing I did. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it, still didn't work.

Pulled battery, restarted phone, reconnected account, etc.

Only thing left to try is a fresh install of CM7.

edit: what I did notice is when I try to lock the device, the screen turns off, but never asks for the password. Also, seems the alarm feature doesn't work either.

Last edited:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Mine was in sleep mode, logged online, sent lock command, turned phone on and went to password screen. Not sure what else.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmm. Mine was in sleep mode, logged online, sent lock command, turned phone on and went to password screen. Not sure what else.

I'll do a fresh install of CM7 later tonight I guess. I'll restore everything with TitaniumBackup and see if that works. If not I guess I gotta start over.

Just wanted to make sure I didn't skip any steps, thanks again Xer!:hail:

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ok this has definitely has to be a bug or something, I just did a fresh install and still doesn't work.

I have turned off the lock screen, as it conflicts with widgetlocker, would this have any effect? I was running widgetlocker on the stock ROM and it worked....

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I guess any other lockscreen replacement could be an issue. I use ADW ex with stock lockscreen. Maybe a bug with your Incredible build??

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmm. I guess any other lockscreen replacement could be an issue. I use ADW ex with stock lockscreen. Maybe a bug with your Incredible build??

Maybe, I was runnig the RC1 before, but then flashed the full version yesterday, same problem. I'm pretty sure it's the ROM that's causing the conflict. I did save the stock ROM and maybe I'll revert back to that for a little bit see if it really is CM7.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds good man. Most likely a ROM issue then. Hopefully it gets stomped out