Seeing as "the Cone melted" who has the Hot! GoLauncher set-up? (on Maxx or Razr)

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had a pretty nice set-up and deleted it ALL on the evening of 6/11/12 :)angry:) so, anybody have GoLauncher/GoLocker/etc set-up. I turned my teenagers onto it and you should see their phones. Amazing!
Spinning screens, different text packages, ALL kinds of customized stuff (boogles the mind) I just don't want to ask them.
I turned them onto it so, trying to maintain Hero status while it lasts, I pray they don't ask me a question.
As usual in about 4 minutes they went way past where I was.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, I broke down and tactfully asked 2 of them for some input, I see several downloads required Go'this and that at this point, I will report back if anyone carse.
This stuff is Slick! Fast and no bugs that I can see. IF this was something we had all been "waiting for" we'd be impressed IMO.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but haven't there been some threads about Go Launcher getting things kinda buggered up? I know it doesn't make sense if it were so, considering the incredibly large impact it has made and how many themes and plugins there are out there for it, but I am just mentioning for a hint of caution.

BTW, I'd love to see what the kids did with theirs... the spinning screen thing caught my eye. :shocked: Could you tell us which combination gives you that? :biggrin:

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
As always Fox your words of caution are appreciated and I will watch closely, Thanks for the heads up. Been doing it myself for about 3 weeks and two of my teenagers (maybe 3) for a week - No problems thus far. I will report back and also find out an answer to your question Fox.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You're welcome. Your opinion is valued here too, so I wouldn't want to be the DEV of an app that fails you! :blink:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a pretty nice set-up and deleted it ALL on the evening of 6/11/12 :)angry:) so, anybody have GoLauncher/GoLocker/etc set-up.

I don't mean to sound mean, but you deleted your entire set-up based on an unfounded rumor from C|Net? I am assuming that you are not familiar with the way C|Net tends to report things based on rumor? They used to be somewhat decent back in the '90s, but now they are just like places like boygeniusreport, they post rumors as fact.

GSdub510

Reaction score
I have been using Go Launcher for a year or so and it isn't snappy at all switching screens and going to the app drawer is in slow mo...just haven't found another launcher that's up to par. I want stock ICS already

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound mean, but you deleted your entire set-up based on an unfounded rumor from C|Net? I am assuming that you are not familiar with the way C|Net tends to report things based on rumor? They used to be somewhat decent back in the '90s, but now they are just like places like boygeniusreport, they post rumors as fact.

Hmmm, Well the fact that you reference sounding mean I think that renders that point - moot.
As for Cnet rep, I always had always (naively apparently) have found the info helpful ....so anyway Ummm any suggestions are welcome about fun stuff to do on the phone!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
FoxKat said:
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but haven't there been some threads about Go Launcher getting things kinda buggered up? I know it doesn't make sense if it were so, considering the incredibly large impact it has made and how many themes and plugins there are out there for it, but I am just mentioning for a hint of caution.

BTW, I'd love to see what the kids did with theirs... the spinning screen thing caught my eye. :shocked: Could you tell us which combination gives you that? :biggrin:

I think but, as always not 100% sure, that the Go problems are not from Go Launcher, Go Locker, Go SMS or any of the other Go apps that have been developed by the Go development team. I think the Go problems come from some Go apps, themes, or plug-ins that have been developed by others. I use all of the above with no problems (knock on wood) but just recently I had updated the purple version of Neon free Go Launcher Ex theme by 7k. Immediately after updating I started getting ads in my notification status area. Air push detected that as the problem app, I uninstalled it, ads disappeared.
I think as long as you stick with the apps by the go developer team you will be okay. I have also had good luck with ZT.art's go apps. I won't be using 7k's anymore.

Like FoxKat suggested, some go apps will give you problems so, as always, install then keep watch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, Well the fact that you reference sounding mean I think that renders that point - moot.
As for Cnet rep, I always had always (naively apparently) have found the info helpful ....so anyway Ummm any suggestions are welcome about fun stuff to do on the phone!

Well, I honestly didn't want to come across as mean - and honestly, one would at least hope that info coming from C|Net would be somewhat legit. But I knew people were hoping for something that wasn't likely to happen as soon as I read the article and saw that the C|Net blogger heard it from "a contact at Verizon". So many rumors seem to come from these mysterious "contacts".

As for OS release info, the ONLY reliable info comes directly from Motorola, as they are the ones who initiate the soak test and decide whether or not to "pull the trigger" on the OTA. I don't believe a word I hear about an update anymore, until I actually hear about a soak test being in progress.

As for fun stuff to do on the phone? Lately, i've been laying off the custom ICS Roms and things like that, and have been concentrating on some of the new games that are out (I have a Bionic, and our ICS/GB hybrid ROMs are less than reliable).

If you are into shooting games, "Max Payne" was released today for the whopping price of $1.99 - and the new Disney tie-in version of "Temple Run" came out today for $0.99

I have also been somewhat addicted to "100 Floors" and "Dooors!"

Between those 4 games, I think i'll have plenty to keep myself occupied until ICS comes along.

Mule65

Reaction score
I have been using Go Launcher for a year or so and it isn't snappy at all switching screens and going to the app drawer is in slow mo...just haven't found another launcher that's up to par. I want stock ICS already

Have you updated lately? I'm running version 3.03 and it's really smooth on my old DX.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think but, as always not 100% sure, that the Go problems are not from Go Launcher, Go Locker, Go SMS or any of the other Go apps that have been developed by the Go development team. I think the Go problems come from some Go apps, themes, or plug-ins that have been developed by others. I use all of the above with no problems (knock on wood) but just recently I had updated the purple version of Neon free Go Launcher Ex theme by 7k. Immediately after updating I started getting ads in my notification status area. Air push detected that as the problem app, I uninstalled it, ads disappeared.
I think as long as you stick with the apps by the go developer team you will be okay. I have also had good luck with ZT.art's go apps. I won't be using 7k's anymore.

Like FoxKat suggested, some go apps will give you problems so, as always, install then keep watch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

I'm not 100% sure how it's done, but there is a way to opt-out of the ads served up by Airpush. I think we need to get used to airpush, as it's very dev friendly and it does present a viable alternative to intrusive in-app ads. Without things like airpush and in-app ads, we wouldn't be able to have free apps at all, at least not free apps with any quality. The thing about Airpush is developers get paid, and it costs them absolutely nothing to implement. 100% of their earnings go to them. Here's a link to an interesting interview with the Airpush developers:

Follow-up Interview with Airpush - Developers and Android Users Both Win

I suspect that the same people who complain about Airpush also complain about rich media advertising within the app (it's pretty annoying in the free version of Angry Birds, and negatively affects framerate). Well, the advertising has to go SOMEWHERE.

GSdub510

Reaction score
Mule65 said:
Have you updated lately? I'm running version 3.03 and it's really smooth on my old DX.

Yeah. It isn't bad, but going to the app drawer is tooooo slow

GSdub510

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
Well, I honestly didn't want to come across as mean - and honestly, one would at least hope that info coming from C|Net would be somewhat legit. But I knew people were hoping for something that wasn't likely to happen as soon as I read the article and saw that the C|Net blogger heard it from "a contact at Verizon". So many rumors seem to come from these mysterious "contacts".

As for OS release info, the ONLY reliable info comes directly from Motorola, as they are the ones who initiate the soak test and decide whether or not to "pull the trigger" on the OTA. I don't believe a word I hear about an update anymore, until I actually hear about a soak test being in progress.

As for fun stuff to do on the phone? Lately, i've been laying off the custom ICS Roms and things like that, and have been concentrating on some of the new games that are out (I have a Bionic, and our ICS/GB hybrid ROMs are less than reliable).

If you are into shooting games, "Max Payne" was released today for the whopping price of $1.99 - and the new Disney tie-in version of "Temple Run" came out today for $0.99

I have also been somewhat addicted to "100 Floors" and "Dooors!"

Between those 4 games, I think i'll have plenty to keep myself occupied until ICS comes along.

How is that new temple run game? A lot of reviews talk about how it's laggy, is it smooth on the maxx?