See message notifications without unlocking screen?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR M' started by cmbrzrm, Sep 18, 2012.

1. cmbrzrm

cmbrzrm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got a Razr M and it's my first smart phone, so forgive me if I'm asking a basic question. I work in a public building so my screen is set to lock after a couple of minutes and require a password. I would like to be able to see at a glance if I have any texts, emails, voicemails without having to unlock the phone. There's a green light that comes on, but it appears to be non-specific as to what has been received. I read somewhere that you would be able to scroll down the message notification area in the upper left but that does not appear to be the case. I've looked at various apps and can't really tell if any of them will do what I want. I don't want to be able to actually open or reply to any items without unlocking the phone, I just want to quickly see if there are any.

On another topic, voice dialing via bluetooth works great so far.

2. phositadc

phositadc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could use the light flow app to have a different color led for each notification, eg, green for email, red for missed calls, blue for text messages. Then you'd know the nature of the notification without even turning the screen on.

3. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +354
    Welcome to Droid Forums cmbrzrm! Your blinking green light should be related to some notification that is set. It should be displayed in your notification pull down. While your screen is locked, I believe you are supposed to pull down that notification bar to see what they are. It is possible that having the screen unlocking requiring a password gives another level of security making it so the notification drop down is not available with the password protection. That password may be a feature meant to make sure there is no access to any information on your phone including your notifications unless you know the password (preventing nosy girlfriends/boyfriends, friends etc from seeing who is sending you texts, phone calls without a password)

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

4. cmbrzrm

cmbrzrm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I did see the light flow app but several reviews said it drained the battery -- anyone have experience?

And no, you can't pull down the notification area while the screen is locked.

5. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +354
    That must be due to the password. I don't have a password set on mine. Just the slide unlock so it does make it convenient to just pull down the notification bar while locked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

6. phositadc

phositadc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have experience with it on the Razr M, but on the Galaxy Nexus it had no impact on battery life whatsoever. An excellent app by all accounts. I would recommend trying it. If you think it is draining battery, uninstall. But if it's anything like it was on the nexus, it won't drain battery.

Search tags for this page

galaxy s3 notification without unlocking

how can i unlock droid x2 if it has a pass code on the scree
how to look at a text without unlocking my screen
how to view message on android without unlocking

how top see my txt message without unlocking phones

is there a app for droid razr m where you can see your screen light up when you have a text
read messages without unlock
read notifications without unlocking android
reading notification without unlocking the phone
unlock message