See contents of phone without screen?

Warwick

Reaction score
So I managed to break the screen on my Razr and I was wondering if theres any way to retrieve any info off of it now? It has a screen lock code on it, if that matters.

SallyC

Reaction score
So I managed to break the screen on my Razr and I was wondering if theres any way to retrieve any info off of it now? It has a screen lock code on it, if that matters.

Have you tried connecting it via HDMI to a TV or external monitor? Seems like that should work. You will need to pull down the screen and select the HDMI which might be a little tricky, but trial and error should get it. This simulator should give you some idea of what you're doing while "flying blind." Once you're projecting on screen you should be good to go.

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Or if you get lucky enough to plug the phone into a computer and have it already in USB Storage Device mode you computer will see the SD card an Internal Storage.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yep what sally said . did you have insurance on the phone ?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Have you tried connecting it via HDMI to a TV or external monitor? Seems like that should work. You will need to pull down the screen and select the HDMI which might be a little tricky, but trial and error should get it. This simulator should give you some idea of what you're doing while "flying blind." Once you're projecting on screen you should be good to go.

Could try the "folded paper trick!", remember, Sally? :biggrin: