security

Dwcbionic

Reaction score
Trying to get some legit info on security issues in the workplace re smartphones linked as it were to work email accounts. Generically but enterprise I think.

More specifically I am interested in relative vulnerability of a rooted v. uprooted phone. Mine is bionic but general info wold be great.

Any thoughts? OK l will start. Rooted is safer cuz odds are user isn't a moron. Lol. Seriously any thoughts appreciated. You all know best and for that reason this forum rocks.

And I am talking about among other things the whole byod issues etc. Not about using the bionic as a club or whatever.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Any time you root a phone it's going to be less secure. Allowing installation of apps from unknown sources also make it less secure.

OP
D

Dwcbionic

Reaction score
Thanks. I found a bunch of discussions saying this as well. Sorry, I should have looked a little harder before posting. My bad. Anyway, thanks for the responses.

OP
D

Dwcbionic

Reaction score
No it doesn't teach. My feeble joke was based on the premise that those who do root have certain background that both leads to rooting and a modicum of care. Was a lame joke but for the record I agree that rooting itself doesn't make any contribution to safety.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
No it doesn't teach. My feeble joke was based on the premise that those who do root have certain background that both leads to rooting and a modicum of care. Was a lame joke but for the record I agree that rooting itself doesn't make any contribution to safety.

I got ya my joke was lame too

Sent from my Nexus 10

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Interesting phantom stuff going on with my posts.

Sent from my Nexus 10