1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Security?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by cdguylhs, Jul 15, 2011.

1. cdguylhs

cdguylhs New Member

So our news did a report about mobile devices and security. They talked about a free app called Lookout. Does anyone use mobile security on their phone? If so why and which one? Do you think you need some sort of mobile security for the Charge or any other smartphone?
  2. whiteblazer01

whiteblazer01 New Member

I've heard of it, but never installed it. I don't know what it is. But I've also never had an antivirus on my PC, and never had a virus on it. I'm just careful about what I download and where I browse to (plus having a lot of Firefox addons helps).

Regarding Lookout, I don't know. I've heard it somehow checks apps to see if they have signs of theft/malware.
  3. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter New Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Unless you use your phone for top secret government or company R&D work and have info on it that no one else should have its not worth the memory and battery usage it takes. If you are smart with your phone and only download apps from trusted sources like the market and Amazon and read the reviews and permissions before downloading you will have all the security you need. Virus software, not needed. Task killers, not needed. If you want the ability to track your phone if its missing or be able to wipe your data remotely then its nice to have. Best security out there is to not lose the phone.

My 2ยข have been spent.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
  4. jwd45244

jwd45244 New Member

I have lookout on all of my phones used by my family. I use the basic version (free) and it has proven valuable. One of my sons lost his phone and we were able to pin it down to within 6 ft. (He had dropped it at work and it was in the lost and found).
  5. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

Search tags for this page

security