security suggested app

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Joyce, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Joyce

Joyce New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not a techie, but since this is the area for developers, I have a question or suggestion. With the Incredible and other touch screen phones, HTC has a 'security' process in which the user touches the screen in a user determined pattern for the system to operate. Keeps your info, etc. from being accessible to unauthorized persons. That seems kind of clumsy. It's a touch screen....couldn't simple biometrics be used, ie during setup place the pad of your index finger on the screen, image the fingerprint, and then use this as the security pattern? It could also be setup so the administrator could allow others access by including their fingerprints as well, and possibly even control what apps those folks can use, etc. ???
  2. ledridge

ledridge New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its a Touch Screen not an image scanner. you also can not use it to pull pictures off of the funny pages like silly putty. the camera is the only part of the phone that can see but its lens and lighting do not suit themselves to see the details of a finger print.

The main problem with the swipe login process is that you leave a trace on the screen of your last login and over time it is easy to see with the screen off.

I like the option that gives you a grid of symbols that randomly change their order and you can chose either one or a series of symbols in order to unlock.