Security Settings

tituswife

Reaction score
Two questions: what is the purpose of a SIM card lock? Second, what is credential storage and encrypted certificates, related to an SD card.

Thanks! :-D

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I believe the SIM card lock would require you to have a PIN or password to access the card, making it secured from unauthorized use. As for the other, I am not sure if there's a relation or not, but some company usage situations require a certificate to authenticate that you and your phone, 1) are actually you, and 2) have been authorized to connect with the company network. This likely has nothing to do with your VZW, etc. network, BTW as I see it. It does imply that your SIM could save the certificate on itself.

Although my answer is mostly guesswork based upon what I am learning in college about IT, I believe I am on the right track. Hope it helps anyway.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
This all makes sense. Thank you! what college degree teaches this?

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I am taking the Bachelors of Science in IT at Kaplan U in Hagerstown, MD. I recently had Net. Security and Mobile Data Forensics classes. I believe that was where I made an educated guess to answer your question.

And you are welcome. I enjoy the learning and sharing what I learn.
Of course, my going to college is to qualify me to be hired by a company, it's not an expensive hobby, but it is very fun and challenging anyway.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Those classes sound like fun! And, my family lived in Leitersburg, then Hagerstown, from 1964-1969. I still have family in Carroll County, Maryland. All of that area has really grown! It was fun growing up there, but I prefer central Nebraska, now. Best wishes on your future!

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Thanks, and the classes are actually fun, even for a 42 year old ex-truck driver. best to you and yours as well.