1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Security Issues...

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by elitecmdr666, Nov 19, 2010.

1. elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666 New Member

Ok one thing I notice and I guess ticks me and my girl is the fact that some apps need some control over ur phone,why? I really don't think that apps need all the info, contacts or even control over your phone in order to work properly. Am I the only one that feels this way about this issue...

Sent from my DROID X using DroidForums App
  2. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit Super Moderator

You are over thinking most of it, elite. The way android works, you have to give an app permission for everything it night have contact with in your system. A while back, everyone was freaking out because a replacement keyboard had to ask permission to act as a key logger. Well, if you think about it, it was a key logger/ How else was it going to take what you were typing on the key board, and transposing it to the proper field on your phone?

Many times, an app will ask for access to your contacts. That could be something as simple as knowing to put the app in "standby" because of an incoming call. (CallerID is tied to your contacts.)

If you would like to list a few apps you are questioning, we could take a look at their permissions, and try to explain them to you.
  3. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Read up on permissions. There are numerous guides out there that explain the various reasons why apps request certain permissions. You can't assume that the name of a given permission gives you enough information. It's not always that straightforward.
Search tags for this page
concerns regarding security of apps

droid security issues

security issues with the ndroid phone