Security flaw on the Droid

PhontomF

Reaction score
Who actually turns that on anyway ... I am annoyed enough with the "Slide to Unlock" feature. I would never turn on the pattern feature too.

It becomes an issue if you use mobile defense which lets you remotely enable the security lock from a web browser in the case you lose the phone or it's stolen. I don't have the lock on but I can turn it on if I lose the phone.

cchhiipp

Reaction score
I don't see a need for the pattern lock at all... keep your phone with you. Real simple :)

No need, until you go to rehearsal and have to take all your stuff out of your pockets and come back to find your facebook status has been updated to "moving to Denver".

This is an ongoing joke with my friends.

Elysian

Reaction score
I've also noticed that putting the phone in the dock bypasses the lock screen. Easy way to get into a Droid, use a magnet, presto.

Big Lou

Reaction score
At least Google is aware of it and already working on a fix. This makes me wonder if it will be in a 2.1 release or an intermin 2.0.2 release...

mario_jr

Reaction score
I've also noticed that putting the phone in the dock bypasses the lock screen. Easy way to get into a Droid, use a magnet, presto.

Haha wow, never thought about that one.

Milestone tested... didnt work for me.
But I think I've found another flaw, just press emergency call, dial 911 press back button.. bingo!! full acess to your droid. :icon_ banana:

Anyway I just use slide to unlock :icon_ devil:

syntax53

Reaction score

Haha wow, never thought about that one.
It doesn't bypass the lock if you have the pattern turned on. The display switches to show the dock app, but if you try to hit home or do anything the lock screen pops up.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see a need for the pattern lock at all... keep your phone with you. Real simple :)

No need, until you go to rehearsal and have to take all your stuff out of your pockets and come back to find your facebook status has been updated to "moving to Denver".

This is an ongoing joke with my friends.
Lol, Kinda funny. Seems harmless tho :)