Security Cams

aceofspades

Reaction score
Hello all. I was wondering if any of you could suggest a good cam system that links to your laptop and smart phone. (mine is a Droid Eris)

My rental house was broke into today. Luckily nothing was stolen from my tenants as they have dogs that scared the perp away.

When I lived there, it happeneed to me and they tossed the place and got away with some goods.

Anyway...I want to install a system that can link to my laptop and phone so I can monitor outside the house. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

lizard

Reaction score
I guess its not a camera system per se ,but you should be able to view video from web cam via laptop or phone with the app. You prolly go to a site with the laptop and view like any other live feed. You can spend what you want on a system , I don't know if its gonna be an inside mount, does it need to be all weather, color, how far away and how resolute do you wanna get? You tryin to read a lisence plate at the end of a 500 ft driveway like mine. If your looking for more specifics, give us some more details. I'm not well versed in security cams, but I bet a few members are. Peace.

OP
aceofspades

aceofspades

Reaction score
I guess its not a camera system per se ,but you should be able to view video from web cam via laptop or phone with the app. You prolly go to a site with the laptop and view like any other live feed. You can spend what you want on a system , I don't know if its gonna be an inside mount, does it need to be all weather, color, how far away and how resolute do you wanna get? You tryin to read a lisence plate at the end of a 500 ft driveway like mine. If your looking for more specifics, give us some more details. I'm not well versed in security cams, but I bet a few members are. Peace.

Ever since your 1st post, I have been scouring the net for cameras. I like the site you referred me to. I want color/night vision/outdoor but can settle for indoor and point through windows.

The best cam for the price I found was this: Newegg.com - LTS Wireless-G+RJ45 IP Camera with 30 LED / MicroSD Card Record / iPhone Live View / Black (LTCIP830MV-B)

Willing to pay around that price range since I'm on a budget, but it's well worth it. Maybe later I can splurge for better equipment. Right now I want to at least cover the back door area and front of house. I'm sick of these assholes breaking in.

I guess the main thing is compatibility of everything and as long as I can link the cam to my phone without having a hardline cable to a CPU or anything, I'm good. Looks like the one I listed here is just a hook up the power and go.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Get this nifty application ip can viewer lite. You can add camera's and watch from your phone.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Well, this is Full version ip cam viewer download its free. http://www.***********/file/A6rzjSw3/IP_Cam_Viewer_Pro__407_.htm

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!