1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Security app?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by KSyrahSyrah, Nov 14, 2010.

1. KSyrahSyrah

KSyrahSyrah New Member

What's a good security program, and how do you know if it's working? I know how I'd find out it wasn't working.......
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

What kind of Security Application are you looking for - if it is against viruses then one is not needed - if it is something else you have in mind then some detail will help us help you :)
  3. KSyrahSyrah

KSyrahSyrah New Member

I want to buy an app (Mighty Grocery) and I'm concerned about sending my credit card info on my phone......
  4. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

If you mean purchasing it through the Android Market some people have found it safer to buy a twenty dollar rechargeable Credit Card from Wal-Mart and using that - it keeps your Credit Card number off of the Net and still gives you the liberty to shop the Android Market as needed :wink:
  5. kedens

kedens New Member

Download it from the Market. As of right now, the Android Market uses Google Checkout to purchase, or pay for apps. Google's checkout service is very secure and the person/company you are paying does not get your credit info.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. KSyrahSyrah

KSyrahSyrah New Member

Thanks, all.....
  7. StormyHeather

StormyHeather New Member

Thanks for the great info on the Marketplace and Google Checkout. I was a wee bit apprehensive using it, but I think I'll be fine. I've only purchased from a 3rd party company and send the program links as a text message. I LOVE the throw away VISA number idea. I hadn't thought to use one.
  8. KSyrahSyrah

KSyrahSyrah New Member

Thanks, folks. I forgot I had Google checkout; bought my app in 10 seconds, and felt secure.

BTW, it's a REALLY great app. for $.99!!! I'm always making a grocery list, and leaving it on the table. I always have my phone.

Gawd, I love my Droid!!
Search tags for this page

security apps