Secure Sockets Layer Problems

samhum

Reaction score
I'm unable to access my financial institution's mobile web site on my Droid. My bank uses FundsXpress as their 3rd party provider of online banking services. The response from my financial institution is this is a Google / Verizon issue not a FundsXpress issue. When attempting to log in I receive the following messages:

"This certificate is not from a trusted authority." clicking Continue results in
"The server failed to communicate. Try again later."

(I had no problems accessing the system on my Verizon Palm Pro.) Has anyone else experienced this problem and better yet, found a secure solution?

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the built-in browser needs an update to its Trusted Certificate's Root.

Maybe download a browser-app from the Market, and see if that one gives you the same error message?

OP
S

samhum

Reaction score
Steel and Dolphin browsers net the same result. Apparently both use Android's internal browser engine which must be where the problem originates. If Google is listening, an update on this issue would be appreciated.

PacificAndroid

Reaction score
Adding Root Certificates to Android Browser(s)

There should be a way to import the root certificate, but I haven't figured it out yet. I need to get to US Dept of Defense trusted root certs on mine, I can get them in probably 5 different formats but I don't know how to import them into either the regular browser or Dolphin.
This would probably fix your issue too, if you obtained the trusted root certs for whoever issued the certs for the site you need to connect to.

PacificAndroid

Reaction score
Sheesh, its not like Android has every Ca out there plus future CA's. You'd think it would be easier than that!