Secure Credentials

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting question and I do not have an answer. The closest I can relate -- I have Titanium backup which requires a licenses which is stored on my SD card. My senses is the developer has programmed to read the card and search for the licenses.

Let us know how this goes.

OP
Y

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
installing certificates

Well, so far this is what I have done.

From IE on my laptop I exported my Digital Certificate (DC) to my phone where I exported the DC to the SD Card in the empty file folder marked
.android security

Ejected the SD card from my computer then safely removed the hardware from my computer (strange requirement of the phone) then disconnected the USB from the computer.

After that I powered off the phone and powered on again and tried to install the certificate

Settings
Location & Security
Install Certificate from SD card

got this "no certificate found on the SD card"

I believe I also need to export several root directories but am waiting for my Certificate provider to tell me which one. When installing from browsers the certificate usually exports the roots with them, but maybe in this case they need to be exported seperately.

Will let everyone know the outcome once I achieve launch!

drowe

Reaction score
I would try putting the certificate in the root of the sd card. Android may not search . directories since they are hidden. Let the certificate installer move it to that directory if it wants to.

drowe

Reaction score
How do I move it to the root directory... I keep reading, in Forums, about the root, wha is it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

instead of putting it in /sdcard/.android secure, put it in /sdcard. If you mount your droid on the pc, the root is the directory that opens in file manager.