Second try rooting and still no recovery mode?

faesthetic

Reaction score
so i followed these instructions to root my original droid;:motdroidhoriz:
Motorola Droid: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

so i do as it says, and everything works fine. i have superuser permissions and everything. i install rom manager, and try to reboot into the clockworck mod recovery. every time i get stuck at the boot screen (M), whether trying manually by holding X or using clockworkmod....
so i reinstalled 2.1 and tried again, and still, same problems.
when i try to install cyanogen, i simply can't, because i have no recovery mode.
the phone is still completely functioning aside from the lack of a recovery mode though.

can someone give me some direction? last time i had to have someone else reinstall the 2.1 firmware for me because he knew alot more about this then i did, but he then advised me not to even bother messing with it. and in my eyes that's not an option!

thanks in advance for your help.

OP
F

faesthetic

Reaction score
bumppp
i'm waiting to mess with my phone until i can do this.. i really want to get it done soon

OP
F

faesthetic

Reaction score
SERIOUSLY is this the wrong board can someone help? i'm not an idiot i've hacked countless psp's back when they were new, i just want to mod my damn phone, and as of now it's still completely stock; i havent even downloaded ANY apps or anything.
SOMEONE Let me know what i'm doing wrong!

OP
F

faesthetic

Reaction score
man this site is so damn helpful it amazes me

OP
F

faesthetic

Reaction score
What
the
everywhere i read 'we're here to help you' and people are always welcomed warmly why the **** wont anyone help me?

OP
F

faesthetic

Reaction score
**** it i give up you guys are ****ing the least helpful people on the internet i've ever came across i guess i have to pay someone to ****ing do this for me thanks again for absolutely nothing you clueless faggots

IVE BUMPED THIS EVERY DAY FOR A WEEK AND NOT ONE REPLY, I JUST NEED A RELIABLE GOD DAMN READ ME, BECAUSE THIS ONE ISNT RIGHT

Last edited:

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
**** it i give up you guys are ****ing the least helpful people on the internet i've ever came across i guess i have to pay someone to ****ing do this for me thanks again for absolutely nothing you clueless faggots

IVE BUMPED THIS EVERY DAY FOR A WEEK AND NOT ONE REPLY, I JUST NEED A RELIABLE GOD DAMN READ ME, BECAUSE THIS ONE ISNT RIGHT
Jesus christ, calm down. If you can't get one recovery to work, get a different one. Try rzrecovery, and flash it with RSDlite.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
F

faesthetic

Reaction score

Jesus christ, calm down. If you can't get one recovery to work, get a different one. Try rzrecovery, and flash it with RSDlite.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

well **** man im a member of slow forums but this takes the cake. obviously im new, and need some direction. people seem so helpful in the threads i read but when i post one i get no help atall. i appreciate the suggestion,and i am definitely trying tommorow. i just dont understand why everything works but i still have no recovery mode. i already almost hard brickedmy phone and my buddy had to spendhours just getting me back to the 2.1firmware. then i tried to root again and****ed upagain, and ive been waiting to finally do it right to set up my phone.

also, IS THE RECOVERY FILE THE .SBF FILE?

zachdroid

Reaction score
Sbf your phone using rsd lite and the appropriate sbf file. After which download raid zero's recovery zip and once your back to stock manually go into recovery and flash the update.zip you downloaded. Reboot again and manually enter recovery one more time. At this point go into, i believe the extra link and click on root rom or something to that extent. Reboot normally dl the super user app and whatever else you can find, w/o the su app rooting is kind of pointless. Hope this helps

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

zachdroid

Reaction score
He has it in sbf and .zip format

OP
F

faesthetic

Reaction score
you guys have no idea how much i appreciate this. my buddy gets really sick of me asking questions so thats like a last last resort, and he wants money to do it again.

sorry i came off like such a dick but after a certain point (day for or fve of no help?) i started to get pretty annoyed. my phone wont even ring because theres a popup for an update that wont go away, and its been days. i need to get this done! cant wait to try this tommorow!

guess i should have been bumping my thread @ 1 am eh lol

zachdroid

Reaction score
Hope it works out. There are many recoveries out the but rz is my favorite.

OP
F

faesthetic

Reaction score
ill post results when i try, probably first thing in the morning. off to bed now. thanks again!