second core

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
So I found the hack to activate the second core on the bionic. Ran the script in terminal and then went to system panel to see if its working and its not showing that it is. I noticed its only working when I scroll the screen up and down. Anybody have any ideas?

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Its the way Gingerbread is coded. The second core is unlocked but only activates when the first core is maxed out. The second core essentially picks up the garbage the first core can't instead of working together. ICS is coded for dual core usage and will remedy the "issue" of the second core sitting idle so much.

OP
cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
So if I was to flash an ics ROM I would see both cores active? My buddy has the bionic also and still on stock ROM as am I and after he ran the script his second core was active. Could his second core be active from having things run in the background?

donfish06

Reaction score
So I found the hack to activate the second core on the bionic. Ran the script in terminal and then went to system panel to see if its working and its not showing that it is. I noticed its only working when I scroll the screen up and down. Anybody have any ideas?

What is the script?

OP
cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
My bad its not a script its three lines you enter in emulator

razz1

Reaction score
Here is the link
http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/18557-Activate-DualCores Activate DualCores

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2