Second Android Update 2.2 Froyo (FRG22 Rolling) Out Now

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone's is overthinking this whole thing. There is nothing out there right now that's from VZW except the current FRG01B.

The FRG22D patch has NOT been pushed to anyone. When its pushed the actual patch will be available via download not an entire ROM.

Installing the leak is at your own risk.

Sent from my Droid

The update appears to be working fine. Better then the leaked original FRG22. Typing was horrible with that leak.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Nevermind I give up lol.............

Sent from my Droid

dwoid

Reaction score
I get the impression that Verizon *is* simply pushing each OTA to every Droid. There's too much "unofficial" variety for them to be worrying about what build every phone has on it.

I'm running P3s FRG22D and it's definately *not* based on the 1.6MB update that was described with Verizon's memo. Based on size (76.4MB) I suspect P3s FRG22D is more of a complete update, more of the form of the FRG01B and FRG22 that were out earlier, that had everything in them so you could do a complete install.

One thing that we should all recognize here is how hard it is for any company to do an OTA of the scale that we're talking about. This appears as a circus to us here because we're ahead of the companies involved with the builds we're using, but we've got to remember that the leaks and ROMs we use are not supported by anyone but ourselves -- there is no "official" customer service among us hackers...

Verizon on the other hand is testing and tweaking based on their business needs, including how they will support the OTAs in their customer service departments. So for them to release mutliple OTAs, to tweak a build without changing a build number or to release and then pull back an OTA is all fair game in trying to make sure they can support what they sell.

I'm liking P3's FRG22D today, but it wouldn't surprise me if the 1.6MB OTA build that Verizon's memo discusses is something significantly less that this. It will be interesting to see if this OTA build is actually named FRG22D.

Just my .02...

I got the same thing right after installing p3's frg22d. I dunno ether... It does seem weird. Maybe vzw is looking for something other than just the biuld number to push the update. Or maybe they are pushing it to every droid no matter what the build number.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I give up too. :rolleyes:

On Verizon's web site it says it is FRG22D. What else more do you need?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
First of all guys Flash isn't out yet officially so you WONT see it on the market.

Second of all I have FRG22E and I'm not sharing it with ANYONE.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm thinking I'm going to join the give-up party at this point till we get some more information.

And SSHGuru, I have you beat. I'm running Android Pop Tart on mine. :p