Second Android Update 2.2 Froyo (FRG22 Rolling) Out Now

noo_too_droid

Reaction score
although im running frg22d i checked in system updates and its downloading 76.9 megabyte ota update which fits the description of frg22d ie additional things to support adobe security updates etc...wtf?

infinity8x3

Reaction score
although im running frg22d i checked in system updates and its downloading 76.9 megabyte ota update which fits the description of frg22d ie additional things to support adobe security updates etc...wtf?
I got the same thing right after installing p3's frg22d. I dunno ether... It does seem weird. Maybe vzw is looking for something other than just the biuld number to push the update. Or maybe they are pushing it to every droid no matter what the build number.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
that will be FRG01B that's downloading right now : )

I said a few posts back FRG22D in the OP is not Official. Unless you run an alternate recovery you will keep getting those prompts to update.

Sent from my Droid

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, nobody's seeing Flash in the market, we're getting update files post-22D-flash -- would someone please pull that FRG01B update they get after flashing this, give it to one of the wizards to compare to the larger FRG01B update file for comparison, then put the results in the OP so we can stop some of this before it turns into another circus?

I'm thinking something doesn't smell right at the moment, but that could be burning wires in the update machine that caused it to turn on early.

BTW, I took the day off to go see my doctor about blood pressure meds, and I can see I'm going to need them... :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got the same thing right after installing p3's frg22d. I dunno ether... It does seem weird. Maybe vzw is looking for something other than just the biuld number to push the update. Or maybe they are pushing it to every droid no matter what the build number.
That wasn't FRG22D. it was FRG01B.

And the reason it tried to push is because FRG22D still has not been released.

Maceofspades

Reaction score
OK, so i had to retry to apply the ROM twice more before it finally worked, dont know why but now its working fine.

noo_too_droid

Reaction score
i experience that quite frequently maceofspades usually the problem is that the sd card doesnt get recognized

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Everyone's is overthinking this whole thing. There is nothing out there right now that's from VZW except the current FRG01B.

The FRG22D patch has NOT been pushed to anyone. When its pushed the actual patch will be available via download not an entire ROM.

Installing the leak is at your own risk.

Sent from my Droid

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
That wasn't FRG22D. it was FRG01B.

And the reason it tried to push is because FRG22D still has not been released.

That makes sense.
FRD22D is NOT rolling out as was first reported... If it was no one that manually updated to it would be getting update notices that want to install the latest official OS which is still FRG01B. 22D has not officially released yet so for the OS to be up to date (in Verizons eyes) you should be on 01B.