SEC: Moto Maker Droid, BB Priv, and more

Discussion in 'Android News' started by pc747, Oct 17, 2015.

1. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +6,237
    [​IMG]

Sunday Evening Chat
    Droid fans may be getting what they want, a Droid that can be customized through Moto Maker. With the reports of last year's Verizon Droids coming up short on 6.0 will this keep away potential buyers even if the rumors of creating a Droid through Moto Maker are true?

Are you going to to go with the Droid Maxx or Turbo 2 or are you done with Verizon Motorola devices?

Blackberry Priv, the more we see (or atleast I) the more intriguing it gets. But one question remains for me and that is will BB be able to support the device properly?

I actually reached out to BB regarding that question as that is the deciding factor for me. A device that will surely be the most locked down android device we have ever seen WILL have bloat and likely WILL NOT be able to be rooted. No root + no unlocked bootloader can equal a manufacturer not caring to update the device, especially if it ends up being a VZW exclusive. Still Blackberry running Android has the Flintstones meet the Jetson's vibe.

What do you need to see before you will purchase this device?

What will keep you from purchasing the Priv?

The Nexus 5X and 6P are slated to start shipping in a few weeks, did you order a Nexus?

What made you order the device (if you ordered it) or what made you hold off on ordering the device?

What was your favorite android related stories this week?

2. bkdodger

bkdodger Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,388
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Although I'm not interested in BB... I think it will get enough interest from some diehards and company types.. Let's see some on hand reviews and real world usage.. Yeah you can forget about root BUT who really thinks it was going to be rootable.. I also think the bloat thing is non factor.. I don't think it being updated will be a problem .. I think most manufacturers have been better with updates.. You think most upgrades really do need testing before releases.. BB will surely want to test thoroughly..

I'm really excited about the new Nexus devices.. I think the 5X is going to be a pleasant surprise.. Let's see! And the 6P looks to be solid device that I keep fighting myself from ordering one... One thing I'd like to see from early reviews is the 810 chip.. Sony still hasn't figured it out from reports on the Z5.. And other reports are still not comforting for buyers of 810 devices.. Hopefully it's non issue with 6P..

I think the LG V10 needs a Sunday chat.. I was watching a review for the pre release phone some have been given.. Its a big phone but it hits the mark in plenty places.. It looks to be a beast.. Although from the review battery still not as great.. Something I've heard time and time again from LG G4 users..

S6E+ tapatalk

3. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +6,237
    You are right the v10 needs one and will get one. Waiting for more official reviews and carrier releases. In fact one of the questions would be if you had to choose one device the v10 or note 5 which would you choose?

It's hard to answer that question not because we have not seen enough about the V10.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. bkdodger

bkdodger Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,388
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Yeah it's a tough choice but we need more info on V10

S6E+ tapatalk

Search tags for this page

bbpriv news