Sears blows out the Droid for $149

mremptywallet

Reaction score
They apply to what are called "Authorized Agents". That means any company that sells wireless service for AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile... etc.. that is not a direct store for that company.

Bestbuy = Authorized Agent
Costco = Authorized Agent
Walmart = Authorized Agent
Kiosk in the mall = Probable a Authorized Agent

Smity

Reaction score
IDK but I ordered directly from Verizon's on-line store and renewed my contract...

This is what I paid? $150 with no mail in rebate

Yfrog - billt

GeekWife

Reaction score
Smity--was that at an actual VZW store??? You lucky duck! I am wondering now if the pricing is different in different states. I'm in Ohio and I'm seeing nothing like that pricing here! :(

Smity

Reaction score
Yes, the actual Verizon site... it showed $149.00 web special before I added it to my cart.

INFERNO

Reaction score
I purchased mine on Friday and got the 149 deal!!! Will be here tomorrow!!!

Markee

Reaction score
Got mine from Verizon for $199 minus the $50 credit for the every two year plan. but it does not look like that really meant anthing since you can get it out of the box from some other retailers... Many of the Verizon stores are quoting $299 with a $100 rebate, which you have to mail in after paying $299... Verizon web is an instant discount... And so it goes...

3girlsmomma

Reaction score
I just contacted my local Best Buy where I got my DROID,told them about the Sears deal and they claim they will do an in-store price adjustment. I'll be there ASAP...:motdroidhoriz:
SWEEEEETTT!

Smity

Reaction score
@ GeekWife, it may have been a 1 day sale idk... But are you up for new every 2? or is it a new contract that may have been the reason i got the extra $50 off.

uujim

Reaction score
Too bad that lower price only comes with the more expensive monthly plan.

doesn't look like it... i signed up for the $39.99 "nation 450" plan with a $30 "unlimited data" (really means 5gb)

no tax to san francisco, ca either and free shipping... awesome deal imho :icon_ banana:

The "unlimited data" plan is just that - UNLIMITED. There is NO 5GB cap. We killed this false information on another thread. The $29.99 data plan is for UNLIMITED AMOUNTS OF DATA!!

GeekWife

Reaction score
@ GeekWife, it may have been a 1 day sale idk... But are you up for new every 2? or is it a new contract that may have been the reason i got the extra $50 off.

I'm kind of close, but they've been sending me stuff lately saying I can upgrade now and get the NE2 pricing if I re-sign a contract with them (which I'd have to do anyways because I'm not on a smartphone plan right now). I'm still sleuthing around for the best deal. The problem is a guy who works at an independent VZW store told me that they are going to lower the price for Black Friday... so I'm curious how much lower they're really going to go with it being so new (he wouldn't say how much, just that there would be a price reduction for the holidays). I'm debating if I should just get it now, or take my chances with a BF sale.

:motdroidvert: = WANT

Paladyr

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I'm kind of close, but they've been sending me stuff lately saying I can upgrade now and get the NE2 pricing if I re-sign a contract with them (which I'd have to do anyways because I'm not on a smartphone plan right now). I'm still sleuthing around for the best deal. The problem is a guy who works at an independent VZW store told me that they are going to lower the price for Black Friday... so I'm curious how much lower they're really going to go with it being so new (he wouldn't say how much, just that there would be a price reduction for the holidays). I'm debating if I should just get it now, or take my chances with a BF sale.

:motdroidvert: = WANT

I got the email giving me the 199 no rebate price and pulled the trigger last night. I didn't even think about waiting until black friday! I was only a year into my 2 yr contract, I'm not eligible to get a phone through sears or wirefly at these discounted prices anyway right? You could make the argument that it will be difficult to get a droid on black friday and then you would be without for months maybe!!!