Searching--This Is How I Do It

warrior21

Reaction score
Well then there should never be any new posts on this forum at all if everything has already been covered. Just my view on things, not that it matters.
This.

If you dont like asking or answering questions, then why are you even here? Isn't it part of a forum?
Did you read the post I was responding to? The op believes if you can't find it in search you aren't doing it correctly because every answer is there. I believe forums are here to discuss things, not just search. You took my post out of context
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OHbowhunter

Reaction score
Well then there should never be any new posts on this forum at all if everything has already been covered. Just my view on things, not that it matters.
This.

If you dont like asking or answering questions, then why are you even here? Isn't it part of a forum?
Did you read the post I was responding to? The op believes if you can't find it in search you aren't doing it correctly because every answer is there. I believe forums are here to discuss things, not just search. You took my post out of context
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
My bad, I was just doing a quick scan and your post stuck out.

But I still believe what I said.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
In an old Jeep forum I search. The item in question is old (Jeep) and the answer is old and does not change with time.

Most things Droid are in such a state of flux/change that last weeks answer is OLD news and everyone knows that it is no longer applicable... except for of course the person asking does not know and does not know from the post in "search".

When you don't know what you don't know, how do you know when to know if last weeks answer is still in the know or the no not now?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is but reading the FAQ's, treading the stickies and quickly checking to see if your question has already been asked and discussed already are all also "part of a forum". There's nothing wrong with questions or discussions. However, a forum loses its value when it's full of duplicate threads.

And something that will help you search Google even better is to put what ever you search for in "" and specify the web site.
The double quotes are specifically useful if you're searching for certain phrases. However, unless your keywords need to be in an exact phrase you might get more useful results without them. It just depends on what you're searching for.

Most things Droid are in such a state of flux/change that last weeks answer is OLD news and everyone knows that it is no longer applicable...
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. How to not get duplicate SMS notifications, for example, hasn't really changed. It never hurts to take the self-serve approach and to try out a suggested solution that already exists in a thread.

When you don't know what you don't know, how do you know when to know if last weeks answer is still in the know or the no not now?
Try it out. If it doesn't work, post a thread or post in an existing relevant thread.