Solved Searching From Chrome

sweenbeen

Reaction score
All,

I am having an annoying issue where if I type anything in the search bar, chrome will forward me to google (as expected and desired). However, every time, it will ask me if I want to search the item via private or based on my google account... It is annoying and adds one more additional step to my search. Any idea why this is occurring and if I can change a setting to make it stop? If I want to browse or search privately, I will do so by activating incognito.

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Are you logged in?

Tapped from a Nexus 6
Yepp, and logged in on my phone. It gives me the option to select my Gmail account or private, every time.

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_20160730_063101.jpg
    IMG_20160730_063101.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 181

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
That it keeps asking for you to choose an account makes me think it's an account setting. I haven't found anything yet in Chrome that points to this. Uninstalling and re-installing with or without an account doesn't show this for me

If you open the Settings app and go to Google/Search & Now/Account & privacy. Its should say what account your using
And, Settings/Accounts/Google should have checked and synced to what you want

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the other choice it is giving is Mega app? I don't have any settings in my Mega app that should affect browsing that I can find either.
My brother had a bug show up in Chrome for him recently and long story short for EVERYTHING we tried, he uninstalled Chrome to take it back to factory and installed it back to eliminate his search bug.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

omar908

Reaction score
All,

I am having an annoying issue where if I type anything in the search bar, chrome will forward me to google (as expected and desired). However, every time, it will ask me if I want to search the item via private or based on my google account... It is annoying and adds one more additional step to my search. Any idea why this is occurring and if I can change a setting to make it stop? If I want to browse or search privately, I will do so by activating incognito.

I was able to find an article explaining what this was
Google Operating System: New Google Account Switcher in Chrome for Android

And in the bottom of the article it says you can turn it on and off by typing:

chrome://flags

In your chrome browser and "You can try it by enabling or disabling these flags: 'Enable new profile management system'"
Be careful not to change anything else that in the menu :)

Sent from my VS986 using DroidForums

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
That it keeps asking for you to choose an account makes me think it's an account setting. I haven't found anything yet in Chrome that points to this. Uninstalling and re-installing with or without an account doesn't show this for me

If you open the Settings app and go to Google/Search & Now/Account & privacy. Its should say what account your using
And, Settings/Accounts/Google should have checked and synced to what you want
I'm already signed in, by default... I'm on my phone and only have one account so not sure why it's doing it

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I was able to find an article explaining what this was
Google Operating System: New Google Account Switcher in Chrome for Android

And in the bottom of the article it says you can turn it on and off by typing:

chrome://flags

In your chrome browser and "You can try it by enabling or disabling these flags: 'Enable new profile management system'"
Be careful not to change anything else that in the menu :)

Sent from my VS986 using DroidForums
Thanks for the option but I don't see anywhere that would describe the issue. I did try to disable some options but they didn't work

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I'm guessing the other choice it is giving is Mega app? I don't have any settings in my Mega app that should affect browsing that I can find either.
My brother had a bug show up in Chrome for him recently and long story short for EVERYTHING we tried, he uninstalled Chrome to take it back to factory and installed it back to eliminate his search bug.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
I don't use it mega app... However, it's looking like I may need to uninstall it, thanks

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't use it mega app... However, it's looking like I may need to uninstall it, thanks
Please post back if that resolves the issue. They're both about as related as your text app and your email app as an example, not at all, and shouldn't be doing that.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Please post back if that resolves the issue. They're both about as related as your text app and your email app as an example, not at all, and shouldn't be doing that.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
I found the flag option as explained above and it took care of the issue... Not sure what the deal was