1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Searching for service?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by thack, Jul 10, 2012.

1. thack

thack New Member

Lately, my phone has been "searching for service" approx. 50% of the time. Texts and phone calls are unavailable during these times. I have attached a PDF of a screentshot. I have filed multiple claims with Verizon and have received a warranty phone just for it to do the same thing. Anyone have any ideas or how I should proceed with Verizon next? My current phone is rooted with Motofail but the warranty phone wasn't rooted and did the same thing. I just want a phone that works.

View attachment Doc1.pdf
  2. george.thomsen

george.thomsen New Member

I have been having the same problem. It has been happening for a while now and also on two different Droid 3s. I called Verizon today, again, and they told me that they have not been getting any complaints about this at all and that it a very strange issue. I received my warranty phone last week, drove from Dubuque, IA to San Antonio, TX and all the way back to central Wisconsin and this happened the entire way. Every 5-10 min the phone goes from having full 3G signal to searching for service. The really odd part about it is that while it says searching for service you can not send or receive texts, or have any voice capabilities however, there is full data. No wifi is not turned on. I called Motorola today, and they are useless. I have no idea how to proceed. Any Ideas?
Search tags for this page
android says searching service

droid 3 searching for service

droid 4 searching service
droid is searching for service
droid says no sim card searching for service?

droid searching for service

galaxy s3 searching for service

galaxy s4 says searching for sevice
phone searching for service

searching for service android

searching for service droid
searching for service galaxy s4
verizon s3 says searching fo service