1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

"Searching for GPS..." ever since I went to Canada.

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by striker1211, Jul 25, 2012.

1. striker1211

striker1211 New Member

Ever since I went to Toronto for a weekend my GPS has not acted the same. It does not lock on until the actual GPS locks on and doesn't attempt to use the aGPS (cell-driven GPS) at all. I disabled all data when I hit the border to stop the roaming fees but about 1 day in I said forget it and reenabled all roaming data and disabled all data savers. While in canada I could not get 1 byte of data to download (other than wifi of course) so I am wondering if the Canadian cell company borked my phone by provisioning it to their tower or something. Also, ever since I got back my 3G and 4G icons are white more often than blue and data drops a lot. I have rebooted and reseated the sim. Is this something I should take to Verizon? Also, I know this is a funny question but how do I get to Verizon customer service without the 1-800 number? On Sprint I dialed *2 but I cannot find a number in my contact list that references Verizon at all other than #BAL. Thanks in advance.
  2. schatzy62

schatzy62 New Member

i would take it to verizon.

Read these threads about the dropping of data connection. It seems there is something Verizon can do about this. I dont have this problem so i can not verify the accuracy of what the person is saying about taking it to verizon.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-tech-support/213813-4g-dropping-connection-but-icon-still-shows.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-tech-support/218099-4g-not-working-going-blue-4g-lte-white-heres-solution.html

Calling Verizon is easy from your phone dial 611

My phone came with the following set up in it from Verizon
    #BAL (dials #225)
    #DATA (dials #3282)
    #MIN (dials #646)
    #PMT (dials #768)
    # Warranty Center (dials 1866-406-5154)
Search tags for this page
default verizon contacts bal data pmt min warranty #225 #328

searching gps