Searching for an app

Rickenbacker4001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy s3
Using a Galaxy s3 & SOMEwhere, I know there's an app that allows you to make your own personal messages in this style like the 20th Century Fox logo. I saw someone do it for a friend's birthday last month. (see attachment)
Problem is- they could not remember what it's called.
mad.png

Someone suggested two: mimatic and chisel. But I searched Google Play & didn't see either.
Thanks for any help!
12400552_623245481147838_654829664728344867_n.jpg

OP
R

Rickenbacker4001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy s3
Thank you- I guess what I'm really looking for is an app that would provide a template of that design.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Something similar to this? I did a quick one with Picsay.
There's a ton more options but I was looking for a quick one with similar coloring
f5142a7537f1859481ec3a0dad860e13.jpg

6f885b1e1ea11e91806dff1fc68e7032.jpg

I went all caps on purpose for effect. Here's upper and lower without the 3d effect as well.
38d88d49e2588a2a4d4e57ac592aaafd.jpg

Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Last edited:
OP
R

Rickenbacker4001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy s3
-mountainbm: No- not that. What I'm looking for is the 20th Century Fox "font" as it looks in the picture I put up.

-Miller'- I'm definitely starting to think the same. Must be a program/generator for a computer. But damn, I've searched for those too & came up with the same how-to videos you saw.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
-mountainbm: No- not that. What I'm looking for is the 20th Century Fox "font" as it looks in the picture I put up.

-Miller'- I'm definitely starting to think the same. Must be a program/generator for a computer. But damn, I've searched for those too & came up with the same how-to videos you saw.
I've used Blender in the past. It's not all that difficult to use. But I really don't feel there is an app that is capable of that.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rickenbacker4001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy s3
I've used Blender in the past. It's not all that difficult to use. But I really don't feel there is an app that is capable of that.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've been looking over Blender's website the last few minutes & its looking like that's my only option.

I'm thinking a couple of things though- I saw the picture I posted on Facebook under a friend's profile for her bday & thought it was super cool. I asked the guy directly how he did it. No reply. Asked my friend (Yolanda) & she said she'd ask him for me. Turns out his english is very limited, he can't remember where he "got" it & that it was a phone app.
I'm thinking he just flat out lied. The picture I saved & posted here sorta looks like a capture from a video. (note the black borders) So I'm guessing he must've toiled & did it on his computer.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
PicSay - Photo Editor - Android Apps on Google Play
I put about 10 seconds into what I posted. Above is a link to the free version if you want to try it out because there is so much more that could be done given more time and effort. Might work, might not but the link is to the free version so it might be worth a shot.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Reactions: cr6

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I think we are starting to skate on a thin line here as far as copyright and what not. (Doing signs and banners for years has taught me this big companies do not play nice with things of this nature) There are sites out there that offer the same type of thing. They are web based so perhaps he did it from his phone via one of those sites.

Reactions: cr6
OP
R

Rickenbacker4001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy s3
I think we are starting to skate on a thin line here as far as copyright and what not. (Doing signs and banners for years has taught me this big companies do not play nice with things of this nature)

Yeah, that's the impression I've been getting looking at some of the tutorial sites that no longer offer the logo option. I think the companies shut em down. It's also possible he had the software already installed in his computer & didn't do it online. I'm not a tech guru by any means. I only fool around with basic Paint. net software, but I wonder how he'd do it from his phone, as you said. The capture I posted here points to a video creation to my eyes. (also note the slight blurriness)

There are sites out there that offer the same type of thing. They are web based so perhaps he did it from his phone via one of those sites.
Would creating something so detailed be doable on a phone? (again, I'm no pro)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did a Google search and found quite a few "20th Century Fox Font" makers but none were apps and I'm not sure about the legitimacy of posting those links since they might fall under copyright laws. I was actually looking for an answer to what style it is but "download" was an option I clicked as well.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
R

Rickenbacker4001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy s3
*Update*

So, I saw the same greeting with a different name today & pounced on my friend to ask how she did it. Turns out you're able to find that Happy Bday greeting style not in an app, nor some complicated software that may or may not even still be available, but a simple Google search. Yup. "happy birthday __(name here)__" & bingo.
It was simply a roll of the dice on whether or not the name was already used. Works with some names, not with others. (& I found the original 'Yolanda' that way) o_O