Searched, promise. Friend could get me a job at VZW - Rooting?

Shaneathan

Reaction score
A friend of mine can get me a job at a Verizon store, which would be great because I can't find a job right now (just graduated). However I feel like I recently saw something on here about Verizon being very strict on employee plans as far as rooting goes. I think. I don't remember the extent of the subject. Does anyone know any more about Verizon's policies as far as employees go? I would really not be happy unrooting.

datboijon

Reaction score
as much as u would dislike unrooting not having a job means you cant pay ur bill and then u will be the proud owner of a rooted droid that you cant make calls on or surf (except wifi)

now that the sarcasm is done with. From friends of mine that have worked for them. they are very big on security, which im sure rooting goes against. id take money over a rooted phone anyday

OP
S

Shaneathan

Reaction score
Oh don't worry, my priorities are straight. That being said, still waiting to hear back on a few jobs before I go to Verizon. I was curious about policy should the time come.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure if this answers your question but Pete said that he was talking with some VZW employees at the store who were running his ROM...lol....and what kinda job are you getting there? Graduated college im assuming?

Seano

Reaction score
Not sure if this answers your question but Pete said that he was talking with some VZW employees at the store who were running his ROM...lol....and what kinda job are you getting there? Graduated college im assuming?

im also a VZW employee running his rom but i do not work in a store.

i dont think you will have an issue with rooting i think its more of the data usage with tethering, but who needs that when you have an EVDO card. :)

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
i rooted a verizon employee droid the other day for him. it a very small local store,like 3 employees.

OP
S

Shaneathan

Reaction score

Just a sales job. I just graduated college and am desperate to find a job so I don't have to move back home. The job market is terrible right now, especially for someone trying to work for non-profits.

So just don't tether a lot. Check. I guess it wouldn't be just a VZW store, but a kiosk thing that sells from all carriers, so maybe that makes a difference? No idea.

timmy

Reaction score
If the kiosk where you live is anything like the one in my mall, you would be able to root your phone, show your coworkers everything you've done to your phone, and probably make them jealous haha.

I would also assume that unless they provide you with a phone at no charge and pay your bill in full, it is YOUR phone, thus your personal property, and would be able to do what you choose with it, but that's just how I feel it should be. That would be like working for a car dealership and they fire you/write you up/suspend you for putting aftermarket parts on a car you bought from their lot IMO.

But definitely look into it before doing anything, cause as it's been said, having a stock droid, and a decent job > rooted Droid with a crappy job, or no job at all :)

Roger Smith

Reaction score
If it's a personal phone, under a employee discount plan, it's fine. You pay for the phone, it's your property.

If the phone is provided for you, it's the property of VZW, and you could possibly be terminated for altering their devices.

This has nothing to do with security.

Signum

Reaction score
im an employee and have a rooted droid. they dont care.

but now i have a htc incredible :icon_ banana:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Signum what kinda employee benefits do you guys get?