Search Widget acting up?

Coots

Reaction score
Alright, I push the mic button, talk to the phone, it pulls up what I'm looking for. It has the phone number out besides what I am looking for, I click the phone number and it brings up a webpage saying "Cannot be found" I don't want it to go to a webpage.. when I click the phone # I want it to pull up the phone dialer so I can call someone. Anyone else have this issue before, or know what's going on?

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
I removed the widget, re added it, no luck.

Here is what the web page says exactly.

Web Page not available
The web page at wtai://wp/mc;#imlookingup might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Here are some suggestions:
Check to make sure your device has signal
Realod this webpage later
View a cached copy of this web page from Google.

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
By the way, the directions button seems to be working fine.

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
K, I tried just a google search in the browser to see what happened. It pulled the # up in the same manner as the widget, I hit the #'s in my broswer, voila.... it works. So what's up w/ the search widget?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a known bug in 2.1. It's been reported to Google from multiple sources. (I know because I made the mistake of "voting" for fixing it on the Google development site and now I receive numerous emails telling me other people have reported the same error.)

Apparently, it occurs only with voice search since a text search does not result in the problem. (As I understand it.)

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
This is a known bug in 2.1. It's been reported to Google from multiple sources. (I know because I made the mistake of "voting" for fixing it on the Google development site and now I receive numerous emails telling me other people have reported the same error.)

Apparently, it occurs only with voice search since a text search does not result in the problem. (As I understand it.)

Thanks for the reply. This is something that needs to be fixed in my opinion. It's ridiculous to have to remember the phone number on a voice search. Just sayin'