Search Button initiating...

SlowNorman2008

Reaction score
Hi, I just got my Incredible yesterday and while I was at the Verizon store, the guy I was buying it from (who had an Incredible himself), showed me that he long pushed the search button (which is the magnifying glass on the bottom of the phone?) and said "Send text to Chrisy: What are you doing tonight?" and it opened a text and inserted the words in it. How did he do this? Every time I long push the button it does a Google search of what I say.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can do it via my handcent text app. Without asking the person I could only guess but more than likely an app of some sort that ties into the built in speech to text such as handcent,vlingo, or numerous other FREE ones
Welcome to the world of Incredible. I still shake my head sometimes at what this phone does

wified from a monolith using a slider

Dcon87

Reaction score
Hi, I just got my Incredible yesterday and while I was at the Verizon store, the guy I was buying it from (who had an Incredible himself), showed me that he long pushed the search button (which is the magnifying glass on the bottom of the phone?) and said "Send text to Chrisy: What are you doing tonight?" and it opened a text and inserted the words in it. How did he do this? Every time I long push the button it does a Google search of what I say.

Go to the market and search for Google Voice Search, make sure you have the latest version of that app installed. If it says "update" then you need to update to the newest version. The new version of this allows you to call places and text people.

-Or you could download Vlingo, it can do all those things.