Seagate Providing HDD For Your Memory Storage Needs

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, May 17, 2011.

1. WenWM

WenWM Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    [​IMG]

Because our phones are using more and more memory, Seagate has a new invention coming soon to fix our storage problems. The latest mobile development from the guys at Seagate’s labs, is this new mobile external hard drive that is meant to expand your phone’s storage. This HDD works wirelessly with your phone, and all you need is $200 and an app that’s in the Market. This device will go on sale in July for anyone that is interested. Best Buy and Amazon will have a pre-order solution for those impatient people like myself.

http://www.conceivablytech.com/7421/products/seagate-stretches-the-common-hdd-to-iphones-android

#1 WenWM, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
  2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    this is an interesting concept but when the same company has a 2 tb external hard drive that sells for half the price i can't really justify purchasing this. i don't see myself needing 500gb of storage on the go and at my fingertips RIGHT NOW. and if i did i would just bring along my laptop.

3. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Waste of money. If you need that much storage on the go, just set up a PC to be a server and remotely access it. Tons of apps for that already.

4. StormyHeather

StormyHeather Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Twitter:
    GAPeachHeather
    I am SO not running out to get one of these things! :icon_eek: I know I like the memory, but it's still a PHONE. I would definitely upgrade the micro-SD card before I'd go out and spend $200 on something ELSE I'd have to lug around. I wouldn't use my phone to replace a laptop or netbook.