Seagate Providing HDD For Your Memory Storage Needs

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Because our phones are using more and more memory, Seagate has a new invention coming soon to fix our storage problems. The latest mobile development from the guys at Seagate’s labs, is this new mobile external hard drive that is meant to expand your phone’s storage. This HDD works wirelessly with your phone, and all you need is $200 and an app that’s in the Market. This device will go on sale in July for anyone that is interested. Best Buy and Amazon will have a pre-order solution for those impatient people like myself.

It is, given its value proposition, a pricey drive. 16 GB micro SD cards currently sell for less than $20 and 32 GB cards for less than $60 – and we expect 64 GB cards for less than $100 later this year. 32 GB and 64 GB may be more than enough for most people and may be far more convenient to use than another external device that needs to be charged and draws substantial extra power via a Wi-Fi connection (there is also USB 2 and 3 (included) as well as Firewire 800 or eSATA (sold separately) available via cables.)

http://www.conceivablytech.com/7421/products/seagate-stretches-the-common-hdd-to-iphones-android

Last edited by a moderator:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
this is an interesting concept but when the same company has a 2 tb external hard drive that sells for half the price i can't really justify purchasing this. i don't see myself needing 500gb of storage on the go and at my fingertips RIGHT NOW. and if i did i would just bring along my laptop.

Detonation

Reaction score
Waste of money. If you need that much storage on the go, just set up a PC to be a server and remotely access it. Tons of apps for that already.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
I am SO not running out to get one of these things! :icon_eek: I know I like the memory, but it's still a PHONE. I would definitely upgrade the micro-SD card before I'd go out and spend $200 on something ELSE I'd have to lug around. I wouldn't use my phone to replace a laptop or netbook.