SDK Install Help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ben.keen, Jul 8, 2010.

1. ben.keen

ben.keen New Member

I just downloaded the SDK files from Android SDK | Android Developers and unpackaged everything to my desktop. When I try to run the SDK setup.exe I get the following error: Failed to fetch URL https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/repository.xml, reason: HTTPS SSL error. You might want to force download through HTTP in the settings.

I've installed other SDK kits before (I create themes for BlackBerrys) so I'm used to installing these things but for some reason I can't get this bad boy to install. I know I'm missing something and its probably looking right at me but I'm not seeing it. Any one have any ideas or is willing to walk me through installing the SDK?
  2. ben.keen

ben.keen New Member

nevermind, i got it i think...its installing the packages at least LOL dancedroid
  3. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Be careful what you keep in some of those folders. I had all of my raw theme files in the "tools" folder because it was very convienient and when I updated my SDK it erased everyhting. Not a trace, even after I restored my PC... EEEEK!
  4. ben.keen

ben.keen New Member

thanks for the heads up. i extracted all the files from the zip file to my desktop and they are in a file called android-sdk-windows. i added C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\android-sdk-windows to PATHS and thats how i got it to install. Does that sound about right?
Search tags for this page
android razr fast sdk download

droid x sdk

milestone x2 sdk