1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

sdcard speed problem

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S4' started by theimmortalbg, Jul 6, 2014.

1. theimmortalbg

theimmortalbg New Member

For my galaxy s4 I bought microSDHC card adata premier - Premier microSDHC/SDXC UHS-I Class10_Memory Cards_ADATA Technology this one.
    Here is the speed charts - Charts, benchmarks SD Cards 2014, [2] Sequential Write [MB/s] - its almost 20mb/s.
    My card is much much slower than this. I bought it from very trusted shop in my town so its impossible to be fake. The write speed when I write mp3 files (4mb avg) is 4mb/s when I copy through cable (from pc to the phone's sdcard). When I write directly to the sd card with card reader its 8mb/s. So what happens? Is anybody have the same problem? Is it normal when I use cable the speed to be slower than with card reader. Why the speed is at least 2 times slower than in tests? (the card is formated in fat32).
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Jeffrey likes this.
  3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

4. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

Your link was to a 64GB card which the S4 has known problems with. If it is indeed a 64GB card I would swap it for 2 32GB cards post haste.