sd?

amandabrooksher

Reaction score
My incredible really only became better after 2.2 update...that is until friday. I charged my phone at work wih usb and it charged fine. That night I noticed that at the top of screen it was displaying the SD card with a ? On it. I didn't think to much about it until saturday. My phone was completely charged when I left at 945 Am to go to work I noticed my phone was hot, the little SD card symbol was still there, and my battery was at 10% within 3 hours and. This after only talking about 5 minutes and reading 1 text....I turned my phone off and put it on charger again when I got home. Let it charge completely. I turned it back on took off charger and the SD card? Symbol is still there and my phone went dead again in about 3 hours again this was wig not using it except for a few phone calls. I put it on the charger when I went to bed and it charged but then woke me up beeping because battery was going dead. The SD? Symbol is still there. Does anybody have any Ideas on how to correct my SD card? Or does my very short battery life have something to do with this. I love my Droid and this is the first problem I have h:)ad. Any suggestions would b greatly appreciated.:)

droidman101

Reaction score
Ok, connect your droid to computer and copy everything on sdcard to computer.
Once that's done unplug your droid from your computer and go to menu>settings>sdcard and phone storage>unmount sdcard>format sdcard
This will remove everything on sdcard, I believe it is corrupt so this should fix it
Once you're done formatting just copy everything back to sdcard

OP
A

amandabrooksher

Reaction score
When I push amount SD card it does nothing and the format SD card option will not let me push it:(.....any suggestions

OP
A

amandabrooksher

Reaction score
When I push amount SD card it does nothing and the format SD card option will not let me push it:(.....any suggestions

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You cannot format an SD card until it has been unmounted in settings/sd card and phone storage, are you saying you cannot "unmount" your SD ?

OP
A

amandabrooksher

Reaction score
Yes I'm saying when I select unmount it does nothing? Would this b why my battery life is really awful right now. Lasts about 3 hours using only a few minutes for talking and testing

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just checked on my wife's Dinc and for sure after unmounting the SD card, the format option should be selectable

And you did erase the entire contents of the card using a computer right ?