SD vs Internal

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by doublea500, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Yes, I'm aware, I was responding to the poster above me who said they didn't like the idea of having the flip down part on the outside where you remove the SD card.

Edit: He's no longer above me, but at the bottom of page 1. I should have quoted, fail.

2. JuniorJays

JuniorJays Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My bad sir

3. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    No worries, was my fault for not quoting who I was responding to.

4. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry but I must be totally missing something here. I know the GNex has no SD card, internal storage only. If you want to get data off it or on it, why on earth are you plugging a USB cable into a dongle to connect to an external memory card? Do you not have a computer to just plug into? GNex is micro usb, why wouldn't we all just plug it into the computer to back up pics/data, add files and whatever?

5. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    first of all, grats on the 1k posts. 2nd of all, i do not like a nonromovable battery opening at all. it gives the user less freedom. only good part about it is that now it wont keep falling off and there will be no chance of losing the cover. the bad side to it is that you cant change the battery. if you mess up a battery, your phone is ruined. thats what happened to alot of iphones. you cant also keep a spare battery with you as well. and for the manufacturers, it disables the selling of additional $20+ batteries and extended $50+ batteries.

6. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    So will the Nexus' space be on a non removable SD? Or will it be internal? I'm just curious because of r/w speed.

Since we know you wont be able to remove the SD, I'd rather have it internal so its faster.

Boot Manager

7. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    The galaxy nexus will have internal memory and a removable battery cover. the razr has a sd card and a nonro=emovable battery cover.

8. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Cool. I don't care about the RAZR anyway. I'm not drinking the Motorola Kool Aid anymore

Boot Manager

9. JWellington

JWellington Member

Ratings:
    +2
    What is this I hear about using a dongle? Are you saying that there is some kind of workaround for having external storage? That would be awesome.

10. NewAge

NewAge XOOM Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +14
    There is a micro USB to female USB that you can use to read sd cards. Google "motorola camera connectivity kit". Not all microUSB to female usb work. ICS will may come with the drivers to read sd, or we will have to wait for a ROM. Cameras will work outa box, but external drives may need a bit of work. Root of course.

11. JWellington

JWellington Member

Ratings:
    +2
    That's excellent information and would be very handy. Very nice considering that not having an SD Card irks me some.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk