SD vs Internal

DroidSloth

Reaction score
I like SD, because I enjoy having the ability to shove one of my 16GB cards in and having more storage.

The USB stuff is cool and all, but having to carry that dongle is going to be a PITA. In addition to an external memory card. IMO just easier to have it in the phone and be on your way.

I'm sorry but I must be totally missing something here. I know the GNex has no SD card, internal storage only. If you want to get data off it or on it, why on earth are you plugging a USB cable into a dongle to connect to an external memory card? Do you not have a computer to just plug into? GNex is micro usb, why wouldn't we all just plug it into the computer to back up pics/data, add files and whatever?

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
Well the problem with that is the Razr's battery isn't removable, so you can't put the SD card there or it doesn't do much for you.

It also looks like most manufacturers are moving in this direction of creating devices with non removable back plates.

Honestly, this isn't a concern of mine. I don't need access to my SD card and I think we'll have more than enough internal storage in the future in our phones. We're going to be moving closer and closer to storing all data in the cloud, this is one thing that will catch on because it gives you access to your data at any place you happen to be or any device you happen to be using.

Once people become more familiar, I believe they'll find it's a very effective way to store data.

first of all, grats on the 1k posts. 2nd of all, i do not like a nonromovable battery opening at all. it gives the user less freedom. only good part about it is that now it wont keep falling off and there will be no chance of losing the cover. the bad side to it is that you cant change the battery. if you mess up a battery, your phone is ruined. thats what happened to alot of iphones. you cant also keep a spare battery with you as well. and for the manufacturers, it disables the selling of additional $20+ batteries and extended $50+ batteries.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
So will the Nexus' space be on a non removable SD? Or will it be internal? I'm just curious because of r/w speed.

Since we know you wont be able to remove the SD, I'd rather have it internal so its faster.

Boot Manager

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
The galaxy nexus will have internal memory and a removable battery cover. the razr has a sd card and a nonro=emovable battery cover.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The galaxy nexus will have internal memory and a removable battery cover. the razr has a sd card and a nonro=emovable battery cover.

Cool. I don't care about the RAZR anyway. I'm not drinking the Motorola Kool Aid anymore

Boot Manager

JWellington

Reaction score
What is this I hear about using a dongle? Are you saying that there is some kind of workaround for having external storage? That would be awesome.

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is a micro USB to female USB that you can use to read sd cards. Google "motorola camera connectivity kit". Not all microUSB to female usb work. ICS will may come with the drivers to read sd, or we will have to wait for a ROM. Cameras will work outa box, but external drives may need a bit of work. Root of course.

JWellington

Reaction score
That's excellent information and would be very handy. Very nice considering that not having an SD Card irks me some.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk