SD formatted in CWM recovery

clueless77

Reaction score
I have probably installed ROMs about 200 times and never has the SD formatted while wiping data in CWM until now and I lost all my pics. Can anyone explain why this might have happened?

Well I had a file manager backed up and I got everything back, maybe I just never noticed that it always did that, I have no clue. I guess that is keeping with my name :)

leftspin

Reaction score
I have probably installed ROMs about 200 times and never has the SD formatted while wiping data in CWM until now and I lost all my pics. Can anyone explain why this might have happened?

Well I had a file manager backed up and I got everything back, maybe I just never noticed that it always did that, I have no clue. I guess that is keeping with my name :)

Haven't seen you post over here in the DX section for a while, Clueless, welcome back! It definitely doesn't automatically format the SD with a data wipe, but I think there's an option to do it in CWM. Could you have just accidentally hit that?

OP
clueless77

clueless77

Reaction score
leftspin said:
Haven't seen you post over here in the DX section for a while, Clueless, welcome back! It definitely doesn't automatically format the SD with a data wipe, but I think there's an option to do it in CWM. Could you have just accidentally hit that?

Yeah just been laying low, not much activity on my X lately. I don't think that was the case, if I'm not mistaken you have to enter another menu. When the wipe finished it said "SD formatted .androidsecure which I'm fairly confident that I have never seen that before. Sure enough when I flashed and rebooted I checked for pics and there was nothing there. But I feel better knowing that because I have Linda file manager backed up everything came back.