1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SD formatted in CWM recovery

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by clueless77, Jun 1, 2012.

1. clueless77

clueless77 New Member

I have probably installed ROMs about 200 times and never has the SD formatted while wiping data in CWM until now and I lost all my pics. Can anyone explain why this might have happened?

Well I had a file manager backed up and I got everything back, maybe I just never noticed that it always did that, I have no clue. I guess that is keeping with my name :)
  2. leftspin

leftspin New Member

Haven't seen you post over here in the DX section for a while, Clueless, welcome back! It definitely doesn't automatically format the SD with a data wipe, but I think there's an option to do it in CWM. Could you have just accidentally hit that?
  3. clueless77

clueless77 New Member

Yeah just been laying low, not much activity on my X lately. I don't think that was the case, if I'm not mistaken you have to enter another menu. When the wipe finished it said "SD formatted .androidsecure which I'm fairly confident that I have never seen that before. Sure enough when I flashed and rebooted I checked for pics and there was nothing there. But I feel better knowing that because I have Linda file manager backed up everything came back.
Search tags for this page
android cwm format sd card

cwm format sd

cwm format sd card

cwm recovery format sd card
format sd card android via cwm
format sd card cwm

format sd card cwm recovery

format sd card using cwm
format sd card via cwm
how to format sd card cwm
how to format sd card in cwm