SD-EXT not mounting

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jaytime, Oct 18, 2010.

1. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    No idea what this actually means, sorry.

No, you should only do this with APKManager.sh. The phone does not naturally read apps from /data/app-i/, only from /data/app/; so you need to use APKManager.sh to move the app to internal memory and create the symlink for you.

TiBu shouldn't have a problem, but I'm not 100% certain of that (I don't actually use TiBu for anything at all). TiBu's Move to SD would probably move them to Apps2FAT, as it's designed to work that way by default; and not to mention Move to Internal will actually move them to the EXT partition (because your phone thinks /sd-ext/app/ is actually /data/app/)

You should really be using the most recent script (fr-a2sd_1-34c.sh.txt), I'll attach a copy that you can download (I've modified it to create the 05mountsd file with an included line at the beginning to run "mount -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /sd-ext", for those ROMs that just won't play nice). With this script, you won't need the 05mountsd file you got from my previous posts. I would also start the whole process from a fresh ROM install (just to make sure that previous attempts didn't leave any messed up files/scripts/etc.

Again, I really recommend starting from a fresh ROM install. Here's how I do it:

Wipe boot, system, data, cache (in this case I'll recommend you wipe sd-ext too)
    Install ROM
    Install Kernel
    Install Compcache Fix (optional)
    Boot up phone
    Run "adb remount"
    Run "adb shell mount -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /sd-ext
    Run "adb shell fr-a2sd_1-34c.sh.txt"
    Choose yes to bind /data/data/
    Reboot phone when script finishes

You'll notice I run "mount -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /sd-ext" before the script, and that's because on a couple of ROMs Firerat's script doesn't work 100%. He did make the script for CM, so any ROM based on CM or to at least use the /system/etc/init.d folder should work; and the way I found to get around it not working is by mounting the sd-ext partition before running the script.

If I had to guess, it has to be because your sd-ext partition didn't mount properly (hence why none of your apps appeared). The symlinks are only for apps moved to real internal memory, it's the bindmounts that failed (and this would happen if sd-ext didn't properly mount, since the bindmounts are on "/sd-ext/userinit.d/10data2sdext-binds".

Attached Files:

2. jaytime

jaytime New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I flashed as suggested.

"mount -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /sd-ext" returns
    "usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t type] device directory"

This was the same message that I received before flashing. I've tried in both Terminal Emulator and ADB.

Is there another possible syntax? -t yaffs2 wouldn't hurt, right?

3. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You flashed the ROM and a supported Kernel, right?

4. jaytime

jaytime New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah- BBv5 & Slayher 1100 (same as before).

I haven't tried the script yet because that command wouldn't run.

5. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have an /sd-ext/ folder in the root of your phone?

6. jaytime

jaytime New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope. I wiped, flashed ROM and kernal again this morning. no problem with remount, but it still doesn't like the mount syntax (only tried adb today). I haven't tried running the script yet since that command doesn't seem to work.

I'm back to my thought that it may need -t yaffs2 included in it. What do you think?

7. jaytime

jaytime New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went ahead and tried with '-t yaffs2' in the command. It tells me 'No such file or directory'. I then mounted as r/w and did a 'mkdir /sd-ext'. The folder created. I then tried your original command and got the same 'usage...' error. I tried again with yaffs2 and it told me 'mount: invalid argument'.

I used ROM Manager to create the partition. I'm going to delete the partition and re-create directly in Ubuntu.

8. jaytime

jaytime New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Problem remains after re-creating the EXT3 partition.

9. jaytime

jaytime New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you stumped or just busy?

10. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    A little of both, heh.

OK, the way I see it is, it's way too difficult for me to try and troubleshoot this over a forum thread. So what I'm going to do is download and flash myself a copy of BB v0.5 and go through the motions to get the partition to mount, then auto-mount on every boot, then get Firerat's A2SD script to successfully run.

Don't know how long this might take, a few hours, maybe a day or two, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

11. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I think I know what the problem is, even before flashing BB v0.5. I noticed BB v0.5 doesn't have a 20userinit file in "/system/etc/init.d/". That file scrates the sd-ext folder you see in the root of the phone, and is needed to mount the ext partition.

Go ahead and download this file, rename it from 20userinit.zip to 20userinit (no extension) and place it in /system/etc/init.d/ and change the permissions to 0750 (rwxr-x---); then reboot your phone and try running the "mount -o rw dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /sd-ext" and tell me if it works.

Attached Files:

12. jaytime

jaytime New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still same problem.

It doesn't like the syntax of the command, and with -t yaffs2 I get 'mount: No such file or directory'.

Search tags for this page
error mounting sd ext

error mounting sd-ext

how to mount sd-ext partition android
mount sd ext

mount sd-ext

mount sd-ext android

mounts2sd external not mounted

mounts2sd not mounted
sd-ext not mounted
sd-ext not mounting