SD Card

djspy

Reaction score
My brother is thinking about buy the OG RAZR and I know it doesn't come with an SD Card so I was thinking of just giving him mine from my OG Droid 1. Is it safe to do that or is there a difference in SD Cards?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My brother is thinking about buy the OG RAZR and I know it doesn't come with an SD Card so I was thinking of just giving him mine from my OG Droid 1. Is it safe to do that or is there a difference in SD Cards?

Essentially any SD Card will work up to at least 32GB, with some reporting 64GB Cards also being compatible. You're good to go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ambrown

Reaction score
It shouldn't be a problem. I migrated an SD card once from my LG Chocolate to my LG Dare and the format was off a bit, so some of my music tracks had the artist name cut off. To avoid any issues just make sure he formats the card with his Razr before trying to store stuff on it and all should work great.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. we should be good to go then.

when i say OG i mean original.

DocsDad

Reaction score
Yep, dropped my wife's OG Droid 16gb sd card into her RAZR and she was off and running. As a matter of fact.... I haven't seen her since..., What the?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I don't know what OG is but I have a 64GB card in my Bionic and after formatting it ,it read 59.46 GB Available

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

FYI;

OG is an acronym devised by Android users to lovingly identify the Droid 1 (Original Generation).

Then there's the D2 (Droid 2), DX (Droid X), D2G (Droid 2 Global), DINC (Droid Incredible), D3 (Droid 3), DX2 (Droid X2), ODR (Original Droid RAZR), DRM (Droid RAZR MAXX), and the list goes on...

;)