SD card

Brian_Dixon

Reaction score
My phone isn't loading my SD card upon startup. Now I can't access any of the apps that are on there. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what did you do to fix it?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Not sure how to fix that but why are your apps installed on your sdcard?
D2 had 8gb of internal ram.

OP
B

Brian_Dixon

Reaction score
I thought it would be convenient when I switched phones to have some of my apps already on there instead of installing then all again

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Try and load the sd card on your pc and see if it works. If it does then you have a problem with the phone. If you can't, then you will need to reformat the sd card and will lose all your data.

gedlaw

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem. New Droid 2 global. Bought SD micro card 8gb. Inserted the card. Loads the card, the second I plug in the phone with a USB cable it no longer sees the card. Brand new card do I need to format it? Any thoughs

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Try manually typing the directory of the phone in the navigation bar in windows. For example whe. Your I plug in mine its usually f:

If that doesn't work make double sure you have the motorola drivers installed on your computer.

If you still have problems, reformat and if that doesn't work i don't know what else to do.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I am noticing more and more weird problems from D2g owners. For a device that is only supposed ro have one thing differnt. ... I eo not know. Glad io got original.

ridie1389

Reaction score
Well, what the problem could be is that, for some reason, with a CDMA phone (a.k.a Verizon and Sprint.) With "Global" support, some files that incoporate communication functionalities become corrupted more often. I believe this is even more true with a rooted device, because things can get screwed up easier. Anyway, my point is that some data could've become corrupted. Also I'm not 100% on this, but I think Android has built-in securities preventing showing such corrupted data on an external device in the UI. So you just reformat the micro sd card, there are many programs for your computer. Hope this helps :)

gedlaw

Reaction score
I had already tried formating the card.
An update if anyone is following this thread. I tried again to use Media Share and selecting USB Mass Storage. It [droid] tried to load software this time titled A956 but didn't load successfully to the PC [error log]. Again when usb plugged in the SD card is no longer recognized [in settings no card mounted]. After shut down as before does see the card. I tried accessing thru Windows Media selecting Window Media Sync [instead of mass storage] and software was loaded recognized Droid 2 Global as device connected to PC. Was able to access media and move a music file, it runs. Yah. Went back and tried the USB mass storage through Media Share and phone says "sd card not in" but I can see it on PC and can open it. This even though if you try to go through Media Share it say I need to insert a sd card and will not let you proceed in Media Share!
You have to go to the USB icon on top of the tool bar to reset from USB Mass Storage to Windows Media Sync!! Its not quite right - something wrong when USB mass storage is selected in Media Share. If the engineers are reading these perhaps there is patch. I am using windows 7 home premium.
dancedroid