sd card wont mount, works fine on computer

unboostedzc

Reaction score
when getting ready to do a backup, i noticed my phone wasn't recognizing my sd card for some reason. i've had it happen a couple times before, with a reboot fixing the issue.

now though, the phone wont recognize the sd card whatsoever. i've tried a batpull, removal of card and reinstallation after phone has booted, etc. i can't get it to recognize in terminal, and it wont pop up when i plug the phone in the computer and go to mass storage. the internal sd pops up fine, the external doesn't appear to be there.

pulled the card and plugged in to my laptop with sd converter, the card pops up fine and all of my information is on it just as it should be. take it back out, insert in phone; nothing.

ive tried mounting the card as well as formatting and partitioning the card in clockwork, all error out.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You might try formatting the card (Fat 32) in the computer. Backup your data on the card to the computer first and then put it back on the card after reformat.

OP
U

unboostedzc

Reaction score
thanks for the help. finally got around to doing that today.

a quick format yields no results. a full format then recopying the files back over worked; but only until i plugged the phone in to the comp (even on just charge only). afterward, the card wouldn't remount to the phone again.

im going through another full format now and going to just leave everything off it when i reinsert and see what happens.

all of my drivers are up to date (win 7 64bit), not sure why it keeps doing this.