SD Card wont mount - Wont show up on top tool bar

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by craeshe, Jun 11, 2011.

1. craeshe

craeshe New Member

I have checked the android forums you recommended and did not see anything. I have done about 2 hours of searching the internet to no success. I recently installed Bugless GPA15 and the 1ghz kernel from Petes website. Works beautifully btw! Couple days later (today) it will not sync to my computer. Whenever I use the USB cable (stock USB cable that came with the phone) NOTHING appears on the drop down bar. No warnings, flags, comments...nothing. Its like the phone wasn't even plugged in, but it was charging. Everyone who has had this problem on the internet has just rebooted and it worked...but not for me.

I've tried:
    - Rebooting (reboot, turn off, battery out, battery in, capacitor discharge)
    - Updating/Reinstalling drivers
    - Debugging/bugging (pretty much all my options on the phone itself)
    - USBDeview
    - Serched about every forum I can

I am out of options. The kernel + rom I have now didn't give me any problems until today. That is the one thing I have not changed. Should I? And how would I if i cannot get the sd card to mount or get any data onto the card?
  2. gsDroid

gsDroid New Member

You could try pulling the sdcard out and using a card reader to view it on a computer. Copy everything off the card, reformat the card, copy everything back and insert back into your phone. That fixed some problems I was having with an sdcard.
  3. roothorick

roothorick New Member

Most of the time this is a bad cable. Have you tried the cable with a different device to make sure your cable didn't break a conductor?
  4. craeshe

craeshe New Member

Ok, so it turns out it was a software thing in the phone. Flashed a new rom and works like new. Thanks for the suggestions.
  5. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe New Member

I had the same exact issue as you. I did lots of reserach but it seems that only a small percentage of us are affected and it seems to be an issue with how or SD card is partitioned. Instead of continueing to use the Beta GPA16 of Bugless Beast, I nandroid restored my GPA15 since as it continues to work fine and knows exactly where my SD card is and reads it perfectly.

There isn't ENOUGH information about this SD card errors. I too searched for hours and found ALL kinds of crazy answers!

I'm glad we're both back up and running, and as I wasted hours on this same issue trying to get my new ROM to work. I am posting this to make myself available via PM or this thread if you need help on this issue, I'll share whatever information I learned to try to help you, because I simply didn't find enough people helping with this issue.

I thought was put in a TIGHT spot when I thought I had damaged my SD card and my most important and recent backup I had of my information was the one I had just made via Nandroid before reflashing the new ROM. I am not one to change SD cards just to flash a new ROM because I don't expect this type of thing to happen.

Thankfully it wasn't damaged and it was the ROM that couldn't read my card. Nandroid resored it perfectly fine via the recovery.
Search tags for this page
i insert my sd card and it wont show up
my sd card wont mount android

my sd card wont show up

my sd card wont show up on droid

my sd card wont show up on my phone

sd card wont mount

sd card wont show up

sd card wont show up on android

sd card wont show up on droid x
sd card wont show up on my phone

sd card wont show up on phone