SD card unreadable

mak61469

Reaction score
Out of the blue (yesterday) my SD card disappeared. Message says "sd card blank or has unsupported file system." However when u go to settings > sd card & phone storage it does show the programs that are on their but they are "greyed" out. I'm worried about the programs but I had a ton of pictures I want to recover. I tried removing the sd card and using it in my desktop and it still couldn't be read! HELP PLEASE! ! Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

mak61469

Reaction score
Out of the blue (yesterday) my SD card disappeared. Message says "sd card blank or has unsupported file system." However when u go to settings > sd card & phone storage it does show the programs that are on their but they are "greyed" out. I'm worried about the programs but I had a ton of pictures I want to recover. I tried removing the sd card and using it in my desktop and it still couldn't be read! HELP PLEASE! ! Thanks

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hi there,
You can easily recover the pictures by using a data recovery program.
Try this one called Tenorshare Data Recovery. It can recover data after deeply scanning your SD card to look for lost data.I used it to recover pictures from my unreadable memory card.If needed,you can have a try!dancedroid
You can get it here: http://www.any-data-recovery.com/product/index.htm http://www.any-data-recovery.com/product/index.htm

Does this also work on formatted cards?? Excellent find btw :)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

OP
M

mak61469

Reaction score
Thanks ill give it a try and let you known!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If it won't read in your phone and won't read in your PC, you can 1, keep trying the card in different PC's till it reads and you can offload your stuff. 2, and your not going to like this, format your sdcard.