SD Card Unexpectedly Removed

metastasis_d

Reaction score
I tried searching around this forum but couldn't find the same problem, and similar problems yielded no help.

When I have an SD card in my Droid, it works fine-files are being detected like they should and whatnot. However, when I press on the shift key, it seems something is happening where the card is becoming unseated-it'll lag whatever I'm doing and then the status bar will tell me that the SD card was removed unexpectedly, then it will show it loading, then back and forth a couple times.

Has this happened to anybody else? It has happened with 2 different SD cards, a 2gb and an 8 gb (both Sandisk.)

Is it possible my particular phone is defective? I just got it today.

Turning it back on just now, it pops up 'preparing SD card' several times even when the phone is just sitting still on the table.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Switchlord

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with a SanDisk 64G in a Razr M. Randomly the error comes up "SD card unexpectedly removed". It can happen several times a day then not again for a week or more. A power down then restart usually clears it. If not I have to remove the card then reinstall it and all is well.