sd card unexpectedly dismounted

russellj0

Reaction score
My s4 just started giving me a message that says sd card unexpectedly dismounted. I've tried dismounting it and then remounting it. But it still continues to give me this error. And it's killing my battery. It dropped almost 50% in 30 minutes this morning. What can I do to fix this problem

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I may have bad news for you. You didn't say much about the card itself, If it is a 64GB card it may be trashed. There is a known problem with 64GB microSD cards. If it's not 64GB you need to put it intop a card reader on your PC and test it as it could just be corrupted.

OP
R

russellj0

Reaction score
It's just a 16 card. I'll try the computer deal tomorrow and see if it works. Thank you

mykl376

Reaction score
Save all data on your card, chances are it will fail soon. I started getting the same messages and waited too long. After a few days of getting the "SD card dismounted" message, one day my phone just stopped recognizing the card at all. I tried 4 different computers, and none of them would recognize the card either. Luckily I had most of my photos already backed up, but I still thought I had lost the ones from a recent vacation. After a few days, I decided to try again, and somehow my computer recognized the card, at which time I immediately copied everything on it to a folder on the desktop. My phone still won't recognize the card.

I bought a new Samsung 32gb card and all it well, for now.... The offending card was a Sandisk 32gb card. If you do a general search for something like "Samsung Galaxy S4 SD card failure" you'll get tons of replies. From my inter-weba-googling, it seems like it's an issue with the phone itself, as there are many different brands of memory card that I saw that had failed.