1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SD Card Unavailable after install of custom ROM's

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mamorgan1, Mar 7, 2010.

1. mamorgan1

mamorgan1 New Member

I have tried out 2 different ROM's (Smoked Glass and Bugless Beast) and in both cases everything went smooth until I go to check out the gallery app...I receive a message of "sdcard unmounted or not present". I don't see any of my photos or videos except what is on Picasa Web.

I went into settings-> SD Card and Phone Storage and everything is disabled.

What did I do wrong?

I have tried each of these ROMs a couple of times with this same result.

One more thing, if I restore to my backup...all is fine...pics and vids show up.

Thanks for any help.
  2. christim

christim Super Moderator

Is your card mounted? You can get the rom to install, and it comes from the card, so the card isn't bad.

When you usb connect to your pc can you see data on the card? Do you then right-click the drive and eject it from your PC and follow that step by going to the phone's notification drop down bar and unmount the card from there, prior to unplugging from the pc?

Using Astro can your see files on the card?
  3. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

I've had that happen with the Gallery a couple times...it would just say "loading pictures" forever and would never show them.

But a reboot fixed the issue
  4. mamorgan1

mamorgan1 New Member

The SD Card is definitely not bad b/c it works when I restore to my retail backup. I did eject it from the computer before disconnecting, but I don't go to the phone and unmount, I have read this is not necessary and possible even bad.

I can't see anything in Astro.
  5. mamorgan1

mamorgan1 New Member

Mine never attempts to load pics b/c it doesn't see an SD card. I have tried a reboot with no success.
  6. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

When I installed BlackDroid 6.2 I had the same issue. I just went out of the Gallery and back in and they showed up.
  7. airborne3e9

airborne3e9 New Member

this is happening to me as well. every one of the new 2.1 built roms eventually does this to me...i just do a nandroid restore back to droidmod 1.0 and everything works fine...it's just some thing with these new "ERE" builds that im having problems with...any ideas?
  8. mamorgan1

mamorgan1 New Member

Update: I finally just wiped all data from my phone and did an install of Smoked Glass and now all is well. Maybe this is what I was supposed to do in the first place...not sure. Either way...thanks to everyone for the help.
  9. christim

christim Super Moderator

Search tags for this page

after+customizing+rom+sdcard unavailable

cyanogen sdcard unmounted

rom installer unmount sd card

sd card unavailable

sd card unavailable, please check

unmount sd in rom

where is sd card in avatar custom rom