1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SD card swap setup *HELP*

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by krakhedd, Sep 15, 2010.

1. krakhedd

krakhedd New Member

I just spent well over an hour searching for threads here & elsewhere to answer my questions. If I missed a thread, please post it here so I can review the information.

Otherwise: I have CM6, Chevy 1.1GHz (1.2 started crashing left & right) low voltage 7 slot kernel. I used ROM Manager to partition a 64MB swap.

Now, I've been using PCs forever, and know what a partition is. However, I see a swap file on the root of the SD card, as opposed to a complete standalone directory/root (setting up a D: drive to use as a swap-only drive, for example).

I have no idea if the swap is actively being used, have looked for CM6 help, etc. Tried using Swapper 2 but it errors out every time. Tried to tell it to use a swap directory which didn't work either.

So long and short: 1) How do I know if the swapfile presently in the root of the SD card is being used as a swapfile; 2) If it is not working correctly, how do I enable it?

Thanks!
  2. krakhedd

krakhedd New Member

Bump/Update - I've tried using Swapper, Swapper 2, ROM Manager, nothing works. What am I doing wrong??? SetCPU shows 0KB for the swap, nothing I do seems to work, and I can't find answers.....:mad:

Please help! At least give me some feedback, it would be greatly appreciated....
  3. interfac9

interfac9 New Member

I have looked for the answer to a similar question, and only got the digital equivalent of a blank stare :0( lots of views, no replies. I pretty much gave up.
  4. krakhedd

krakhedd New Member

Well if you come back, I managed to figure it out. ChevyNo1's kernels don't support it!!! Couldn't find the answer by searching either, I happened upon it by accident just paging through the forums....

Anyway I just installed the Sapphire mod w/ cvpcs' kernel. Running the "stock" voltage; I ran "low" w/ ChevyNo1's. 128GB slowed it down terribly, 64 seems ok. 128GB also led to excessive CPU heating (constant read/writes). Still @ 1.1GHz, 64GB swap.

Hope this helps!
Search tags for this page
android swap used 0kb help
dx2+rom+swap support
how to activate swap file android
how to activate swap file on android
how to configure sd card partition swap
how to enable swap function in swapper2

how to set up swapper 2

how to setup android swap drive on sdcard
setup swapper for android