1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SD card storage and rooting

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mojohand, Feb 19, 2010.

1. mojohand

mojohand New Member

I rooted my droid this past week, also installed smoked glass 4.1. My question is, can I get rid of the files that I dragged over to my SD card? (flash_image, oc1ghz, recovery-0.99.b, update?) Are these still necessary say for SPRecovery to run properly? I assume all the folders inside the Nandroid folders are the restore points and I must keep those?
  2. magnus

magnus New Member

Thats right ......you can now delete everything except the nandroid folder and contents
  3. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo New Member

Probably a stupid question. But what about deleting the nandroid contents? I have done this after everytime I flash to a new Sholes Mod, and have seen no consequences.
  4. magnus

magnus New Member

You have seen no consequences as you did not need the contents of the nandroid folder....yet

In the nandroid folder lie all your backups.....You can delete older ones or all of it......but if you do....and you need to restore.....then you will have none left.

When you are merely installing a new ROM, you don't really need any of the backups AS LONG AS THE ROM WORKS. If you try installing one that does not work.....you need a backup to revert to.

In your case......the Sholes ROMS are pretty well made.....and so you didn't have nay problems...but after a while......if you install one that somehow gives problems....you'd better have something in the nandroid folder.

At the very worst......if you do have a problem and your nandroid is empty.....you can always pull the card and put a new ROM on with your computer and then restore from there.

BUT know what's in there....and don't blindly delete
  5. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo New Member

Cool.

Not too short