sd card slot?

beaky73

Reaction score
Hello to all.. I have a 16gb sd card installed in my s4.. my phone says there is no sd card installed.. what am doing wrong.. also once my phone sees that i have an sd card.. how do I transfer my music from the phone memory to the sd card.. thank u

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you go to settings - more - storage, does it appear at the bottom? You may want to put it into a card reader on your PC to see what's up.

newbroot83

Reaction score
Hello to all.. I have a 16gb sd card installed in my s4.. my phone says there is no sd card installed.. what am doing wrong.. also once my phone sees that i have an sd card.. how do I transfer my music from the phone memory to the sd card.. thank u

It should give you the option to mount. As far as transferring music, once the sd card mounts, itll give you the option to transfer music and photos and documents.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

GVLBob

Reaction score
You may not have fully seated the card. Open up the back and make sure you push it in all the way until you hear it click into place as it springs back a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
B

beaky73

Reaction score
Ok.. my phone found out y sd card. . I use google play music app with the head phones. . I have 6 songs downloaded on my phone but I can not find them anywhere on my phone unless I go into play music app.. I went into my files and the songs are no where.. I am trying to make my own ringtones with my music.. what should I do? What apps will help. . I dont have a ringtone maker app.. thanks again

steeletown

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if you purchase songs from Google Music, the only place you can listen to them at is Google Music.

OP
B

beaky73

Reaction score
What music player do u guys recommend. ..

OP
B

beaky73

Reaction score
Thanks for help. .. I did some research and what I have read is I need to beable to open mass storage which can not be done on the s4 unless u are rooted... is this true?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for help. .. I did some research and what I have read is I need to beable to open mass storage which can not be done on the s4 unless u are rooted... is this true?

It is true that unless you are rooted you will not be able to see the Google purchased music.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that if you root, and find those files, they are unlikely to work on any other device due to being DRM signed to your device.

OP
B

beaky73

Reaction score
Well I tried to root my phone but it not work.. I have build vruame7 and when I type in cd /mnt/extsdcard in terminal emulator I get no such file exist.. I am lost.. I formated my sdcard to exfat and pulled the files over to my sdcard.. I am not sure if I have to change a setting in my phone... Thank u

newbroot83

Reaction score
Well I tried to root my phone but it not work.. I have build vruame7 and when I type in cd /mnt/extsdcard in terminal emulator I get no such file exist.. I am lost.. I formated my sdcard to exfat and pulled the files over to my sdcard.. I am not sure if I have to change a setting in my phone... Thank u

Are they on the root of the sd card or in a folder?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2