SD card shutting off

tedi68

Reaction score
Hi, I have been searching for a fix for a coupe days I am hoping someone can give me some ideas, 2 days ago I was downloading some new music to my phone and got the error that the SD card had been removed. I pulled the card reinserted and the phone didn't recognize it so I connected to the pc and HTC sync, neither way recognized the card tried a Sd recovery program it couldn't find anything no pictures no music so I tried reformatting and the card could not be formatted. I figured it was just card failure and I happened to have a new 8GB so I figured i'd use it till I could get a new 32GB card.
Put the new card in all is good so I took a couple pictures they stored fine then I tried syncing my evernote account and it wouldn't sync so I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it I got it downloaded but no sync then error sd card has been removed so I pulled the card put it in the pc and the pictures were there so I reformatted the card and put it back in the phone and it worked fine but still EV wouldn't sync I looked for similar problems with evernote but none were the same.
Used the phone all day and the card was good took more picts all good then tonight I decided to put some of my music back on and started downloading it put 2 or 3 on then the sd error again. Pulled the card took the pictures off again and reformatted again put it in phone it recognized it and all was good this time so I pulled the card and put the music directly on the card from the pc put the card back in the phone and it was good for about 2 minutes then the sd error. :angry:

Please Help

sl4sh3r

Reaction score
Interesting, u rooted, got scripts?

Sent from my DROID r4z3r running JB

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I had to send a TBOLT back last year due to this issue.... Kept eating up SD cards VZW sent me a refurb and it never happened again... But the cards were not readable no matter what I did to them.....

OP
T

tedi68

Reaction score
I had to send a TBOLT back last year due to this issue.... Kept eating up SD cards VZW sent me a refurb and it never happened again... But the cards were not readable no matter what I did to them.....

So far I have been able to get the pictures off of the new card and reformat it. But the first one was toast. Did you try a factory reset before returning the phone?

OP
T

tedi68

Reaction score
Interesting, u rooted, got scripts?

No not rooted and no scripts, I'm not sure how to get them I'm kinda a newbie to this

sl4sh3r

Reaction score
Well it could be just the phone, like Miller said but back it up try a factory reset uhh run micro sd scripts for Android I can send you links if needed debug debug debug

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
So far I have been able to get the pictures off of the new card and reformat it. But the first one was toast. Did you try a factory reset before returning the phone?

Yes vzw always has you try a factory reset before you can return a device.

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World

OP
T

tedi68

Reaction score
Well it could be just the phone, like Miller said but back it up try a factory reset uhh run micro sd scripts for Android I can send you links if needed debug debug debug

If you could send the link that would be great and I'll try and get the scripts. I have downloaded App brain to save my apps and sms backup+ to save my texts that I need, is there anything else I need to backup before aa reset?

sl4sh3r

Reaction score
Titanium is the way I go usually but now I have been song it from my comp I'm at work now when I get home I'll and u a script if rooted to make things right from what I'm reading I've had this before a update screwed me. Tell me the version u are on and I will get rhis situated and let me know if rooted

OP
T

tedi68

Reaction score
Titanium is the way I go usually but now I have been song it from my comp I'm at work now when I get home I'll and u a script if rooted to make things right from what I'm reading I've had this before a update screwed me. Tell me the version u are on and I will get rhis situated and let me know if rooted

My phone is not rooted, and the versions i can see are Android version2.3.4 HTC Sense version 2.1 I hope this is what you need
Thanks so much for the help!

sl4sh3r

Reaction score
Back up all apps and factory reset

sl4sh3r

Reaction score
I sent that way to early kinda feeling good now SaHn hhaha but for real factory reset and let me know but make sure u back up ur apps I recommend rooting your phone its always the way to go honestly. You may thing your voiding your Warrenty but flash to a srock rom and your phone is back to warranty certified haha. Try different flashes different rooms I mean factory reset idvrhat don't work run sd scripts rooted

OP
T

tedi68

Reaction score
I sent that way to early kinda feeling good now SaHn hhaha but for real factory reset and let me know but make sure u back up ur apps I recommend rooting your phone its always the way to go honestly. You may thing your voiding your Warrenty but flash to a srock rom and your phone is back to warranty certified haha. Try different flashes different rooms I mean factory reset idvrhat don't work run sd scripts rooted

ok, done the factory reset, reinstalled some apps then i downloaded some songs trying to test things they downloaded ok so i tried playing one music started then a click and error sd card unexpectedly removed, do you think if i rooted i could find the cause?