SD Card Setup

jwhit719

Reaction score
What is the best way to setup my SD Card? I am new on Droid and have seen different opinions. I need to have a place to save pictures from text and would like that to be the same as the pictures I take on the phone. I also would like ringtones for calls and notifications (emails, SMS etc.) and also for music.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not think there is a right or wrong way. My opinion, you should create folders for each (photos, music, etc).

Mike

OP
J

jwhit719

Reaction score
I did that and it is pretty messed up. Photos I save from SMS don't go into the same folder that pictures are in. Do I just set them up on the Card and not in a subfolder? Right now my pics are in the DCIM folder.

polack

Reaction score
I don't think there is a way. You can create all the folders you want, but the operating system is going to put them where it wants them to go. The pics from your camera go into dcim. the pics you get from messaging go into, i believe downloads. it is what it is. they still show up in your gallery though.

OP
J

jwhit719

Reaction score
Thats my main issue is that the pictures from SMS don't show up in my gallery. They show up in a downloads folder that I can't get to on my phone.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Download Astro. It is a free app that will allow you to access the download folder on your sd card