SD Card sale!

mkraffert

Reaction score
I wore out the sd card in my Droid1. I shopped around and found out that Radio Shack is having a sale on them. I got a Class 4, 16 GB SanDisk card for $34.99. Radio Shack's regular price on that card is $119.99. Now I know the 119 number is insanely high, but for a name brand 16 GB Class 4 card, $34.99 is a deal (at least I thought it was). The sale ends today, 1/22, but anyone needing a new sd card or wanting to upgrade to a Class 4 card, this might be a good solution. Especially considering you don't have to wait for it to get shipped. Just thought somebody might want to know.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wore out the sd card in my Droid1. I shopped around and found out that Radio Shack is having a sale on them. I got a Class 4, 16 GB SanDisk card for $34.99. Radio Shack's regular price on that card is $119.99. Now I know the 119 number is insanely high, but for a name brand 16 GB Class 4 card, $34.99 is a deal (at least I thought it was). The sale ends today, 1/22, but anyone needing a new sd card or wanting to upgrade to a Class 4 card, this might be a good solution. Especially considering you don't have to wait for it to get shipped. Just thought somebody might want to know.

you should check out amazon...16gb microsd 22bucks...radio shack is ridiculous for even attempting to charge over $100 for a 16gb...reminds me of best buy charging $200 for HDMI cables...haha

Amazon.com: SanDisk 16 GB Class 2 MicroSDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDQ-016G-A11M Retail Package: Electronics

AngryHatter

Reaction score

you should check out amazon...16gb microsd 22bucks...radio shack is ridiculous for even attempting to charge over $100 for a 16gb...reminds me of best buy charging $200 for HDMI cables...haha

Amazon.com: SanDisk 16 GB Class 2 MicroSDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDQ-016G-A11M Retail Package: Electronics
Ayep - they have a 32gb card for $46 on Amazon.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

ha even better! i got my 32gb from sandisk itself in december when they had em for $50.

OP
mkraffert

mkraffert

Reaction score

I would have if I had the time. My phone was basically down without an sd card, and I needed it today. I was pretty happy considering the time issue. I knew I could get it cheaper if I could wait. Plus, the Class 4 card I got definitely helps the performance of my phone.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

I would have if I had the time. My phone was basically down without an sd card, and I needed it today. I was pretty happy considering the time issue. I knew I could get it cheaper if I could wait.

oh yeah if you needed it in your hand today, that's a good price...probably won't find it cheaper at a brick and mortar i'm sure.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
A class 4 16 GB for 35 is a steal! Im going to go on break and head over to radio shack across the street right now to pick one up, replace the 8 gig class 2 that came with my phone :):):)

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm heading out to RS in a short to pick one up. This is just what I need for my Nook Color. I'm going to run Froyo from it. Thanks again.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
On a side note, would getting a class 6 or 10 even really help access speeds? After realizing my 8 gig is a class 4, i can say that my phone already installs large apps relatively fast and can uninstall/delete large files/apps nearly instantly.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
they say that technically you should notice increases in read/write speeds, but to me its meh. i've never noticed any difference (at least not one worth justifying the extra money) to care

OP
mkraffert

mkraffert

Reaction score
On a side note, would getting a class 6 or 10 even really help access speeds? After realizing my 8 gig is a class 4, i can say that my phone already installs large apps relatively fast and can uninstall/delete large files/apps nearly instantly.

I noticed a big speed increase, but, then again, my old Class 2 was kind of flakey for a while before it died, so I can't honestly say how much faster the Class 4 is than a good, non-flakey Class 2. But I know it's way faster than I can remember it being.

Detonation

Reaction score

Where is the $46 32gb? All I see are ones that are around $75.